Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

What R Some Of Your Most Favorite Vintage Guitars.........

A McLeod III

........outside the mainstream big 2 Manufacturers? (We all probably own/have owned 1 or two of those along the way) I have developed a fetish almost for:

Vintage Peavey T Series Guitars- :) I just aquired a short scale T-15 that is just a blasy to play and I've noticed about the net there is a renewed intrest in this little guitar. It's tone is as tenacious as a pitball and is super easy to get around on.

Silvertones- :D there's just something about the econoclast coolness of these strangewood classics and a very unique sound (I'm partial to the models from the 60's)

Early Model Schecters (particularly the original PT) :cool: A killer and ultimately playable hybrid of the Tele-lineage. The latest incarnations aren't even close.

Name your poison.......... ;)

"Life Is Just A Game And They're Many Ways To Play...All You Do Is Choose." SC 1976

Fantom, XP 80, DX7 IIFD w/"E", Ensoniq ESQ 1, Roland Alpha Juno 2, Roland S 10, Korg Triton LE with EXB, GEM RP2

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm digging the mainly early 80's Kramers (NOT the ST/Striker Series), if you can call that vintage.

I've also been surfing around in particular for an early/mid 80's three single-coil Hondo Fame 760 "Strat compatible" in transparent burgundy/wine red with matching headstock, maple fingerboard, and gold hardware.

Yeah, I had one as a child. :)

Back in the 60s I had a couple of Hofners - V3 and a Senator.

I had a really nice Antoria LP Black beauty in the 70s.

A Guild S50 in the 80s.

Currently, it's a 79 Ibanez Studio.

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the World will know Peace": Jimi Hendrix

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=738517&content=music

The Geoff - blame Caevan!!!

Originally posted by rotosound45:

I'm digging the mainly early 80's Kramers (NOT the ST/Striker Series), if you can call that vintage.

I've also been surfing around in particular for an early/mid 80's three single-coil Hondo Fame 760 "Strat compatible" in transparent burgundy/wine red with matching headstock, maple fingerboard, and gold hardware.

Yeah, I had one as a child. :)

Funnily enough I had a 12 string of this last year.

I used to have a pic of it here, but I've removed it from Photobucket.

Geoff

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the World will know Peace": Jimi Hendrix

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=738517&content=music

The Geoff - blame Caevan!!!

Originally posted by rotosound45:

If it's older than 20 years in today's society, it's vintage. At 46, my kids say that I'm "vintage" all the time. :D

"Life Is Just A Game And They're Many Ways To Play...All You Do Is Choose." SC 1976

Fantom, XP 80, DX7 IIFD w/"E", Ensoniq ESQ 1, Roland Alpha Juno 2, Roland S 10, Korg Triton LE with EXB, GEM RP2

Travis Beans and aluminum necked Kramers are underrated. Ibanez Silver Series are really close to Fenders in finish and playability. Lados are Canadian gems not well enough known elsewhere. Blades are the best kept secret on Earth IMHO.
Never a DUH! moment! Well, almost never. OK, OK! Sometimes never!

Back around 1973, my dad bought home the first guitar that ever peaked my intrest. I was an SG style, dual humbucker cherry guitar made by the Melodier Company. My best friend's mom bought him the bass equivalent; same brand, same color, same style. Looked like an EB-1. That was the beginning of the first band I ever played in. We couldn't play our way out of a burlap sack but it was fun. I grew up in Fayetteville, NC (home of Ft. Bragg and the infamous 82nd Airborne Div.) My dad bought these guitars (as did a lot of soldiers on base) from a place called Rhudy's Pawn and Music and to this day, that is the only place I ever saw one at all. The guitar cost my dad $39.95 and I had an Alamo Challenger Tube Amp (single 6L6 and 12AX7 pre-tube) for 39.95. Went to college in 1977 and pawned it for some gas money. :) I'd give anything to find one of those again-sentimental reasons as well as rekindling my youth. And you know what? As far as I can remember, the neck was super straight and the guitar played extremely well for $39.95! "Those were the days." ;)

Originally posted by rw2003:

One day I'd like to get a vintage Hamer guitar... the ones that were like the double cutaway Les Pauls.

You talking about the look like a the current Hamer Studio (They still call it that I believe)? That would be a great find. Around 1994, Hamer also sold a Vintage Strat model and a matching Tele that were super primo repros of Fender's finest. I would love to find one or both of those.

Anybody know anything about "Westones"? I played one in Emporia , Va. that was seriously nice as a shredder guitar with a 12" radius neck. One of the coolest pointy headstock guitars I ever played. These were made in early to mid-80's.

Originally posted by Guitarzan:

Yamaha SG or SBG series.

mainly sg1000 and up.

the SG3000 is basically the grail.

one of those in black.........

or a Weddington custom or classic...i frikin wish.

Maybe you remember...

back around 80 (i think) I bought a brand new Yamaha SG style guitar new from a Music store for CHEAP. It was two HB, Beautiful Cherry red with awesome grain, and a BOLT-ON neck. I can't find ANYTHING about that model anywhere. (Sold it along with the Esquire and the MusicMan to pay for divorce shortly after.

You have any reference to it?

Lynn G

Hagstrom Swede or Super Swede.

Some of those Univox knock-offs of Mosrite were not too bad. I think they got way over-priced thanks to Mr. Cobain.

And it goes without saying, I like pretty much anything Gretsch from 1967 back. I am especially fond of the Filtertron equipped Double Anniversary model from the early 60s (even if it didn't come with a Bigsby :(:D )

Mudcat's music on Soundclick

"Work hard. Rock hard. Eat hard. Sleep hard. Grow big. Wear glasses if you need 'em."-The Webb Wilder Credo-

I had a Kimberly 4 pickup for 18 years, made in Japan by Teisco. Loved it until I wore out the frets and fretboard. The repair cost would have been more than the guitar so I sold it for $100.
Sun come shinin' over the mountain

I have a 1965 arctop Kay acoustic that my wife bought new and it still sounds neato!! I had a 1960's Hagstrom swimming pool bass and loved it. I like short scale basses and I wish I still had that one. Sold it along with my Ampeg B15 for my first car, a 61' Impala. If I had all 3 now, I could probably pay for a years worth of tuition!!

Archived