Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT: Watch out for New Jersey cats!

Dreamer

New Jersey cats can be really frightening. This one lives in West Milford and apparently scared to death the bear in the photo, who had to climb high on a tree, seeking for shelter.

http://www.corriere.it/Media/Foto/2006/06_Giugno/09/fdg/CAT2.jpg

Korg PA3X Pro 76 and Kronos 61, Roland G-70, Integra 7 and BK7-m, Casio PX-5S, Fender Stratocaster with Fralin pickups, Fender Stratocaster with Kinman pickups, 1965 Gibson SG Standard

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That's one skinny tree there. Don't trees get fat in New Jersey? That bear better move here. We have fatter trees. He/she will be safer from viscious kitty cats. :D

bbach

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.

It's actually the Jersey Devil. It appears as this huge horrid thing with the head of a mule, body of a lion, wings like a huge bat, and devil's tail. Scares the bejesus out of everyone who sees it...until someone else appears on the scene. Then the Jersey Devil immediately shapeshifts into a cat, causing great laughter for everyone at the expense of the panic stricken guy in the tree who saw it first.
"Cisco Kid, was a friend of mine"

Originally posted by Dreamer:

New Jersey cats can be really frightening. This one lives in West Milford and apparently scared to death the bear in the photo, who had to climb high on a tree, seeking for shelter.

http://www.corriere.it/Media/Foto/2006/06_Giugno/09/fdg/CAT2.jpg

Does that picture remind any of you of your marriage when your wife is pissed? (you being the bear and she being the cat?)

bbach

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.

I guess that is a baby bear??

West Milford is pretty nice, we looked at houses out there and the air is so much fresher there than say around the more populated areas of NJ. The difference is really striking I think.

If you think our cats are bad, be sure to stay away from our p*%*^($ !?!?! :D

Oh, and J Bbach, you are right on! That is exactly what it is like.

check out some comedy I've done:

http://louhasspoken.tumblr.com/

My Unitarian Jihad Name: Brother Broadsword of Enlightened Compassion.

Actually, that photo was taken minutes before the bear climbed out of the tree and ate the cat, proving that Jersey cats may be tough, but they aren't very smart...

Always remember that you are unique. Just like everyone else.

Originally posted by fantasticsound:

LMAOROTF, Green657! :D

Am I the only person wondering if this wasn't a matter of timing? Did the cat actually chase the bear up the tree or did the bear climb the tree for another reason, only to be observed by the kitty?

I wondered that too. Still that cat doesn't look very scared.

Originally posted by Big Red 67:

that cat doesn't look very scared.

Yes: if you look at his facial expression it looks like he is defending his territory. I have had many cats over the years, so had to learn to read those signs...
Korg PA3X Pro 76 and Kronos 61, Roland G-70, Integra 7 and BK7-m, Casio PX-5S, Fender Stratocaster with Fralin pickups, Fender Stratocaster with Kinman pickups, 1965 Gibson SG Standard

Originally posted by fantasticsound:

LMAOROTF, Green657! :D

Am I the only person wondering if this wasn't a matter of timing? Did the cat actually chase the bear up the tree or did the bear climb the tree for another reason, only to be observed by the kitty?

Yeah, that possibility had crossed my mind too. I mean, the cat is just sitting there. And cats are pretty mean tree climbers too, so it's not as if it couldn't chase the bear up the tree.

I think it was taken shortly after the first one; the caption in the picture says that the owner of the cat had to lock him inside the house to let the poor bear descend from the tree.

Archived