Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Leslie?

Zephyr

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Unless I'm misunderstanding, yes, there are a variety of pedals that do. A la Little Wing, no? Now that I've said yes, I'll let the actual owners of these pedals tell you the rest :) All I have is the 'rotary' option on my multi-effects modeling amp.

There are a bunch of pedals that claim to get that leslie sound, but I've only heard one or two that actually sound like one- my keyboard player in my old band had something, but it was pretty expensive. Sorry, don't recall the name of it.

It's almost impossible to get the leslie sound without a real leslie, or something similar to to a rotating speaker.

BYW I though Hendrix used a univibe on a lot of his stuff.

"Who's gonna teach the children about Chuck Berry?"

Originally posted by marvar:

It's almost impossible to get the leslie sound without a real leslie, or something similar to to a rotating speaker.

BYW I though Hendrix used a univibe on a lot of his stuff.

I think that this is a pretty accurate statement.

I have a Rotovibe that sounds pretty good and will give chorus effect that IMO is along the lines of a leslie. They are not real expensive and are very usable, it might be worth checking into. With a very slight delay from my Danelectro Dan Echo pedal and the Rotovibe, I can nail the intro (sound and tonewise) to Bridge of Sighs--Robin Trower. That will give you an idea of how the Rotovibe sounds. Good luck in your search. :thu:

Avoid playing the amplifier at a volume setting high enough to produce a distorted sound through the speaker-Fender Guitar Course-1966

Originally posted by ellwood:

I use a UltraVibe by Sweet Sound Inc. for that effect. It nails it very well. http://www.sweetsound.com/

Hay Ell, that Sweet Sound vibe sounds sweet!

I went to the site but all I could find was a Mojo Vibe...no UltraVibe. What is up with that? Did I miss something?

I also happened on a CC2 Provibe pedal that looks cool the Captain Coconut2 with Fuzz Face and Octavia in it. Have you tried one of those?

Originally posted by Fumblyfingers:

Originally posted by ellwood:

I use a UltraVibe by Sweet Sound Inc. for that effect. It nails it very well. http://www.sweetsound.com/

Hay Ell, that Sweet Sound vibe sounds sweet!

I went to the site but all I could find was a Mojo Vibe...no UltraVibe. What is up with that? Did I miss something?

I also happened on a CC2 Provibe pedal that looks cool the Captain Coconut2 with Fuzz Face and Octavia in it. Have you tried one of those?

Right, I have the UltraVibe the original release it's larger than the Mojo and doesn use a wall wart, mine has a regular 115 volt plug, Bob Sweet said the the Mojo is the same circut but in a smaller package and is lighter overall. The Mojo sounds pretty much the same but Joe Perry and I prefer the older model!! Did you look at the ArrowSmith link? it's a good one and some hot babes on there too, doing the thong thing!! :thu: but anyway yes the SweetSound products are very good! and built like a tank too, mines been in service for five years now and it's perfect and you know it get used allot! http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b48/ellwood1/peddleboards003sesize.jpg

I have a RotoVibe that I use quite often and it is pretty cool. One of the best and simplest Leslie effects I've been able to get though is by running a Chorus into a Tremolo with the speeds just slightly offset. I use a simple little old DOD stereo chorus with the delay time and depth max'd. This gives a cool kind of Doppler effect.

Listen to the break in this tune for an idea of what I\'m talkin\' about.

I'm told by many that the Hughes & Kettner, Tube Rotosphere MKII is de facto the best/most authentic Leslie...without using a Leslie

But the damn thing sells new for $400!!!

You can find used ones on eBay for about $250-$275.

It is most definitely on my list of GAS items!!!

H&K ROTOSHPHERE

miroslav - miroslavmusic.com

"Just because it happened to you, it doesn't mean it's important."

Originally posted by miroslav:

I'm told by many that the Hughes & Kettner, Tube Rotosphere MKII is de facto the best/most authentic Leslie...without using a Leslie

But the damn thing sells new for $400!!!

You can find used ones on eBay for about $250-$275.

It is most definitely on my list of GAS items!!!

H&K ROTOSHPHERE

I listened to the demo and that thing sounds very cool especially on the fast speed. $400 is pretty pricey though.

Archived