Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

The Riff Thread

A String

Lee and I got talking about the Riff thread. I thought it might be a good idea to post a permanent place for riffs to be stored so that we don't have to rely on stickys.

I set up http://planetrifftabs.bravehost.com/ as a resource we can use for posting and learning riffs (Riffs only, please no full songs.)

If you want to submit a riff, please visit the site and click on the "Submit A Riff" link.

The more riffs we have, the bigger the database will get and the more riffs there will be for everyone to learn.

Enjoy! :D

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great idea...

The tabs for Crossroads and Sweet Child o' Mine do not display properly on my machine. It looks like some kind of text-wrap formatting issue. I maximized the window but still no difference. Any ideas? Anyone else have this issue?

Also, I guess those pop-up ad boxes are something we'll have to live with as long as this site is hosted on Anglefire???

"Spend all day doing nothing

But we sure do it well" - Huck Johns from 'Oh Yeah'

Click to Listen to Oh yeah

Yeah, this is just set up for us here. To get rid of the banners means paying them cash.

What OS and browser are you viewing with? I set them up as Courier Font because it made them fit the page. Could be you don't have the font...

Anyone else having problems with it?

Originally posted by A String:

What OS and browser are you viewing with? I set them up as Courier Font because it made them fit the page. Could be you don't have the font...

OS WinXP SP1

Browser IE 6.0.2800

Come to think about it, the same display "problem" occured when I was viewing the Elwood tab posts on the earlier thread on this board.

Yea, I got swamped with popup banners when visting that site. I ran a scan with hijack this to see if I had some infiltration, but it's clean. My popup blocker does not stop them. Think I'll stay off that site.

bbach

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.

What exactly is happening? Are they not fitting on the page or are they not showing up?

Do you have the problem on the other two songs?

Last quiz question, :D What is your screen size and resolution (eg. 17" monitor @ 1024 X 768).

What is happening is that each line of tab is getting wrapped at about the 78th character. For example, the Sweet Child o' Mine tab has tab text lines that are about 100 chars long. My browser is wrapping the line at about the 78th character. All the text is there, just the chars after 78 are wrapped around to the next line.

The problem is only on Crossroads and Sweet Child o Mine. The other songs are displayed correctly since the length of the tab text string is less than 78 chars.

17" monitor @ 1280 x 1024

Originally posted by Joe Bbach:

Yea, I got swamped with popup banners when visting that site. I ran a scan with hijack this to see if I had some infiltration, but it's clean. My popup blocker does not stop them. Think I'll stay off that site.

That's odd. It doesn't do it on mine. I'll see if I can find a better hosting site.

Originally posted by rw2003:

What exactly is happening? Are they not fitting on the page or are they not showing up?

Last quiz question, :D What is your screen size and resolution (eg. 17" monitor @ 1024 X 768).

What is happening is that each line of tab is getting wrapped at about the 78th character. For example, the Sweet Child o' Mine tab has tab text lines that are about 100 chars long. My browser is wrapping the line at about the 78th character. All the text is there, just the chars after 78 are wrapped around to the next line.

The problem is only on Crossroads and Sweet Child o Mine. The other songs are displayed correctly since the length of the tab text string is less than 78 chars.

I'll fix those two songs up and post a notice asking that people keep the tab under 60 chars per line.

edit: If checked out the site on a computer with the same specs as yours and even tried it on a computer running a smaller screen. I'm not sure why you are getting the wrapping problem. Is there a chance that you have your font size turned up in IE?

Can you do me a favour? I moved it to here:

http://planetrifftabs.bravehost.com/

Can you check and see if it gives you pop ups on that site as well? If not, I'll just change the links and use the new host.

Can you do me a favour? I moved it to here:

http://planetrifftabs.bravehost.com/

Can you check and see if it gives you pop ups on that site as well? If not, I'll just change the links and use the new host.

Works great now. Pops are gone. :thu:

bbach

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.

Originally posted by rw2003:

I'll fix those two songs up and post a notice asking that people keep the tab under 60 chars per line.

edit: If checked out the site on a computer with the same specs as yours and even tried it on a computer running a smaller screen. I'm not sure why you are getting the wrapping problem. Is there a chance that you have your font size turned up in IE?

I don't doubt that its a problem with my set up. I change some settings and see if there's any improvement. thanks!

Would you guys be interested in the Stairway to Heaven solo? The only reason I learned it a few weeks ago was because I knew the entire tune except for the solo so I figured I'd "git er' done" and learn the solo.

Archived