Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT: Stock Market

BiC

Anybody else lose a few $$$ this past month???

Whatta ride :evil:

"Treat your wife with honor, respect, and understanding as you live together so that you can pray effectively as husband and wife." 1 Peter 3:7

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I generally only check every month or so. WOW! I'm really kicking myself for not selling early this year when things were really high (Apple computer, Sunoco). Of course, I would have bought back long before now and still continued the downslide.
Raise your children and spoil your grandchildren. Spoil your children and raise your grandchildren.

I lost about 4% since mid-May.

But you know what???

What goes down MUST come UP!!! :thu:

"Treat your wife with honor, respect, and understanding as you live together so that you can pray effectively as husband and wife." 1 Peter 3:7

Originally posted by EmptinessOFYouth:

not a good day for my baby COGO....but im still up...i think i remember telling you guys to get in at around 6 bucks....

Yeah, we would have had over a 100% return! :thu:

Originally posted by Steevo:

Originally posted by BiC:

Anybody else lose a few $$$ this past month???

Whatta ride :evil:

Yep, lost thousands ... time to buy! S.
True! Some folks make the big mistake in selling when times are bad. Now's the time to scarf up some shares while they're on the cheap.
Everybody knows rock attained perfection in 1974. It's a scientific fact. - Homer Simpson

You don't need a lot of bucks to start investing. if you use one of the on-line investment sites. Buy and hold - don't play the daily market game as that almost guarantees you'll loose.
Raise your children and spoil your grandchildren. Spoil your children and raise your grandchildren.

mkay, I need to learn more about the stock market, but ain't got no dough here to play... we'll see.

Cheap stocks that look good? Let it be known! I'll jump in if I can and time is right.

"Without music, life would be a mistake."

--from 'Beyond Good and Evil', by Friedrich Nietzsche

My MySpace Space

Originally posted by caprae:

don't play the daily market game as that almost guarantees you'll loose.

Not necessarily UNLESS you don't take the time to educate yourself on the world-wide market environment.

I actively trade my Thrift Savings Plan and actually made close to 8% last year. The Thrift Savings Plan website that I moderate consists of many active traders. A LOT of them are up over 10% for the year, some are near 15%.

I'm lagging behind for the year simply because of military time "on the road". I haven't had the time to fully thrust myself into trading.

I'm now shaking the dust off, and posturing myself.

Also, if you don't "play" daily you may find yourself losing $$$ when the market is tanking. You have to at least be aware of what's going on and be prepared to pull out if necessary.

Right now, I'm VERY risky. I'm 100% in international stocks. I love the thrill of making a few benjamins in a day. ;)

God Bless :)

Archived