Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

News Flash: Billy Preston RIP

Guitar Geezer

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gee, 2 accomplished keyboardists lost within a few days.

Bad things usually happen in 3's... :(

"Treat your wife with honor, respect, and understanding as you live together so that you can pray effectively as husband and wife." 1 Peter 3:7

Wha???!!

Wasn't expecting that at all. Man that bloze.

Originally posted by BiC:

Gee, 2 accomplished keyboardists lost within a few days.

Bad things usually happen in 3's... :(

Watch your backs, keybaordists for legendary bands! :eek:

Just a pinch between the geek and chum

"...a long illness as a result of malignant hypertension that resulted in kidney failure and other complications..."

Were talkin' about high blood pressure here.

Wonder why it wasn't manageable?

It appears that "malignant hypertension" only affects 1% of people with blood pressure problems...and it's a case of sudden VERY high blood pressure that can cause an immediate emergency situation, with failure of many organs.

I don't get how he had it as a "long illness"...and why it wasnt treatable with medications/diet/exercise?

miroslav - miroslavmusic.com

"Just because it happened to you, it doesn't mean it's important."

Wow. I was just thinking about him today for some reason. Also thinking about how much I had enjoyed seeing him play on TV when I was younger. That's a sad one.
Raise your children and spoil your grandchildren. Spoil your children and raise your grandchildren.

He had some great tunes, I guess all off of one album. I didn't realize he played on "Can't you hear me knocking" with the stones.

It sounds like he had a rough run of things though, but we who are old enough to remember his stuff should be thankful and wish him a serious "RIP".

check out some comedy I've done:

http://louhasspoken.tumblr.com/

My Unitarian Jihad Name: Brother Broadsword of Enlightened Compassion.

He was the only non-Beatle to share equal billing on a Beatles record - Get Back by The Beatles with Billy Preston.

Hats off to the late , great, hugely significant Billy Preston - may the good Lord shine a light on you.

Saw the story on the national news tonight, sad day for rock-n-roll. RIP, Billy.

Avoid playing the amplifier at a volume setting high enough to produce a distorted sound through the speaker-Fender Guitar Course-1966

Originally posted by miroslav:

"...a long illness as a result of malignant hypertension that resulted in kidney failure and other complications..."

Were talkin' about high blood pressure here.

Wonder why it wasn't manageable?

It appears that "malignant hypertension" only affects 1% of people with blood pressure problems...and it's a case of sudden VERY high blood pressure that can cause an immediate emergency situation, with failure of many organs.

I don't get how he had it as a "long illness"...and why it wasnt treatable with medications/diet/exercise?

It's possible that it WAS treatable but that he didn't do what he needed to get/stay healthy.

Will It Go Round in Circles was one of the earliest pop songs I recall learning to sing from the radio and I've loved that groove to this day.

He was that guy that just showed up on stage and came out to bow or wave from the keyboards.... all smiles, happy to be alive and playin'

I heard he was the first musical guest on S.N.L.. an episode never caught but certainly would love to see.

Sooner or later the foundation has to go... this is yet another cornerstone slipping out of place

:(

I still think guitars are like shoes, but louder.

Archived