Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

never mind

Garry Goodman

Originally posted by Garry Goodman:

Hey,sorry,I though someone might be interested.

This is the wrong forum to share my developements for guitar and bass.I get it.....

I am not a string company,salesman etc. I am simply announcing that guitar players can have an A440 on a 26" scale guitar.I didn't mention a company,price,include a link etc.

I stated above I would post when they are available.I won't do that ,ok?

I am not a manufacturer or dealer.

So if we object to your posting this as its' own thread then we're not interested? Faulty logic.

What you are could be described as a member of a "street team". Unpaid advertising for a band, product, etc. Your post didn't ask if anyone had an interest. You assumed it was okay to advertise for the maker of these strings. A free ad, even if you aren't profiting directly, is still a free ad.

But more to the point, if someone who spent time contributing to this forum had mentioned the same thing it would probably have been allowed. Not because anyone is clique-ish. Because spam is tolerated and even encouraged from contributors to our community.

Stick around and contribute and perhaps you'll understand.

As for Geoff's comment, he's right that you should already know the forum rules here from previous experience. The last comment was a call to lighten up. Your holier-than-thou arrogance in suggesting this isn't a forum for "professional development" because you were called for acting unprofessional is a prime example of the pot calling the kettle black.

Get over yourself, become part of this community instead of a "flyer-poster" and you'll find a wealth of knowledge here, not to mention contribute to the knowledge of others.

We've led you to water... will you drink? (And no, I'm not calling you a horse or any part of one. ;) Loosen your tie and stick around.)

It's easiest to find me on Facebook. Neil Bergman

Soundclick

fntstcsnd

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by fantasticsound:

Originally posted by Guitar Geezer:

Originally posted by Big Red 67:

Man that's alot of amps. Can you imagine all of them turned all the way up all at once!!! :eek:

That's probably what killed off the Dinosaurs!
LMAO! :D
Lee, did you have a pet dinosaur back in the day? :D:wave:
Never a DUH! moment! Well, almost never. OK, OK! Sometimes never!

i agree with big red,you need to stick around so everyone can get to know you,you sound like you know alot about guitar orientated things and that can only benifit this forum,you might have been missunderstood at first but you`ve made your intentions clear and im sure all involved parties will agree,but mate you do need to lighten up you seem to be extremley angry unessecarily,try discussing the problems with the other members instead of exchanging blows this just causes arguments.im not judging you with what ive just written just dont want to see potential assets to the forum run off so soon without having the chance to contribute :wave:
"The Bridge Above The River Is Only The Begining Of Your Fall"

We can be defensive of our forum here. It's under a constant attack from spam and promoters. (I know, I'm the guy whose job it is to delete it! :) )

I truly believe you could be a valuable asset on this forum and really hope you choose to stick around.

Join in a few discussions and if it's not your thing, that's cool.

Originally posted by A String:

Man that's alot of amps. Can you imagine all of them turned all the way up all at once!!! :eek:

ROTFLMAO!
Well yes, yes I did and he looked allot like the Reif!! :D yeah everytime I see the Reif playing that red Strat I think, wow I sure miss Deano!

I do believe you have a wealth of knowlege to add to this forum, but whether or not you have a product ready to be sold at this time, your original post sounds like advertising.

When I was a teenager Steven Spielberg was advertising his movie about an alien who wanted to go home for over a year before there was a movie to see, with teaser pictures of a E.T.'s finger to make us wonder what he'd look like.

You begin by shouting to the world how you've created a string that allows players to do something previously impossible. You talk about your .005 & .006 strings getting great reviews. You don't need contact info or pricing for this to be read as advertising.

Running a jingle business hasn't taught you what advertising is, so I don't know why you think it does.

Since you asked:

ar·ro·gant (ăr'ə-gənt) pronunciation

adj.

1. Having or displaying a sense of overbearing self-worth or self-importance.

2. Marked by or arising from a feeling or assumption of one's superiority toward others: an arrogant contempt for the weak.

Your suggestion that this isn't a place of professional development just because we read your post as advertising is the very definition of arrogance. You think you're professional and we're not. How much more self importance can you display?

You might be interested to know these forums are frequented by professional players, professional mixers, fantastic luthiers who are master craftsman, as well as a lot of lay players who really don't need you talking down to them about being unprofessional. And for the record, we don't give the luthiers a hard time when they talk about their instruments because they contribute to the forum in other ways. They're our buds and we're interested in what they're doing, especially because they're building guitars. I wouldn't let someone come in my home to sell me something, but a friend who I'm talking to say he can help me... sure, I'll listen to him.

I hope you become a contributing member here. I really do. But I won't apologize for being one of several members here who pointed out the apparent nature of your post. It is easy to be taken wrong in writing. If that was the case, the appropriate response (in my opinion of course) would have been, "Sorry. I'm not selling anything. Just excited to have developed a string that allows standard guitar scales to be able to tune to A5." From there you would've had plenty of discussion about your strings.

I don't hold grudges. You won't have other issues from me even if we don't see eye to eye and I don't take arguements from one thread and interject them into other threads. So please stay on for the benefit of those who are interested in your development. As an experiment it's interesting to me, but I have no use for a full scale string that tunes well to A5. I leave that to short scale guitars and mandolins. ;)

Soundclick

fntstcsnd

My only concern about Garry (apart from his perceived inability to smile :0) is that he has only visited this forum twice to plug his own (or his friends) achievements.

It would be really nice if he showed some interest in the other topics which are being posted, and in some of the personalities who frequent the board.

Like many people totally immersed and totally dedicated to his own field, he seems to have little interest in that which falls outside it.

Curse of genius, I suppose.

Geoff

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the World will know Peace": Jimi Hendrix

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=738517&content=music

The Geoff - blame Caevan!!!

Originally posted by Geoff Byrne:

My only concern about Garry (apart from his perceived inability to smile :0) is that he has only visited this forum twice to plug his own (or his friends) achievements.

It would be really nice if he showed some interest in the other topics which are being posted, and in some of the personalities who frequent the board.

Like many people totally immersed and totally dedicated to his own field, he seems to have little interest in that which falls outside it.

Geoff

Bingo! I wish I could've been that succinct and non-confrontational.. :o

Soundclick

fntstcsnd

Originally posted by ellwood:

Originally posted by A String:

quote:

Man that's alot of amps. Can you imagine all of them turned all the way up all at once!!!
:eek:
ROTFLMAO!
Well yes, yes I did and he looked allot like the Reif!!
:D
yeah everytime I see the Reif playing that red Strat I think, wow I sure miss Deano!

That's a Hot Pink ESP Strat clone, I'll have you know, and Deano musta been one handsome dinosaur! :D:D

Never a DUH! moment! Well, almost never. OK, OK! Sometimes never!

Geoff

...and after 12,000 posts you should have it down to an art :D

It's true.. there's teflon here for a reason and it's best these things just slip off into the gutter without much more than a poke and a joke.

We're pretty sharp at times (but for me) and every now and then somebody tosses a rock (but for me) and offends somebody.

But... it's always in good fun when we do it (but for me!) ;)

Goodman's from San Diego... isn't that where those Monster Guitar Eating Woman with Uzzies on a Cruiseliner are from?

Coincidence????

I still think guitars are like shoes, but louder.

Originally posted by Guitars are like shoes. But louder.:

Geoff

...and after 12,000 posts you should have it down to an art :D
You'd think... ;)

Yet somehow few of my posts are this short. :freak:

Soundclick

fntstcsnd

Archived