Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

never mind

Garry Goodman

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well that does get me pondering a few things...

Hmm, a high A string. Makes me wonder if having a high tuned 24 3/4" scale guitar (tuned to A instead of E) might be cool.

Then there's the subject of inharmonicity itself, which I haven't seen discussed, but I figure is the culprit that has many of us resorting to stretch tunings on our guitars and pianos?

Just a pinch between the geek and chum

Originally posted by Garry Goodman:

For those of you wanting a high A string (415Hz) without having to have fanned frets at the 23" scale to be able to tune to it, my new .005 and .006 strings are getting great reviews from guitarists around the world who have been beta-testing them.They aren't breaking easily.They sound great with minimal inharmonicity.They are working well for the 26" scale.

The strings will be commercially available through a major string company in the near future.

I'll post a notice when they are available.The .008's and .007's are equally strong.The .007 makes a slinky E4 even at the 34" scale,and can take plenty of abuse.

These strings solve problems for 30" scale and smaller ER guitars.Al Caldwell(Vanessa Williams) uses the .007 for Eb4 at 34" on his 11-string bass.

There is a "Manufactures, dealers..." sticky at the top of the main page. Please post this there.

Hey,sorry,I though someone might be interested.

This is the wrong forum to share my developements for guitar and bass.I get it.....

I am not a string company,salesman etc. I am simply announcing that guitar players can have an A440 on a 26" scale guitar.I didn't mention a company,price,include a link etc.

I stated above I would post when they are available.I won't do that ,ok?

I am not a manufacturer or dealer.

Originally posted by Bejeeber:

Well that does get me pondering a few things...

Hmm, a high A string. Makes me wonder if having a high tuned 24 3/4" scale guitar (tuned to A instead of E) might be cool.

Then there's the subject of inharmonicity itself, which I haven't seen discussed, but I figure is the culprit that has many of us resorting to stretch tunings on our guitars and pianos?

At 24" 3/4, you could probably get C5 with the .005.I posted that you can have a high A4 string on a 26" scale guitar.Some guys with 7- and 8-string guitars have asked about such a string.Some guys would like .007 strings that don't break.....here they are.

BTW,There are formulas that help you determine the inharmonicty of various string gauges.

This is the wrong forum to share my developements for guitar and bass.I get it.....

I am not a string company,salesman etc. I am simply announcing that guitar players can have an A440 on a 26" scale guitar.I didn't mention a company,price,include a link etc.

No, please feel free to post the info as it becomes available. I only ask that you post it in the "Manufactures" sticky at the top of the page. I realize you aren't a manufacture, but this is the place for this type of post.

Also, please stick around and join in. It sounds like you have a lot of knowledge regarding strings that could help out some folks around here.

"my new .005 and .006 strings are getting great reviews from guitarists around the world who have been beta-testing them".

Kinda sounds like you're selling strings, or contracting to have them made. It's kinda like a telemarketer calling me and pretending he is just taking a poll. Oh well, anyway, I guess I don't really care. Up to the mods.

bbach

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.

We went through all this the last time Gary posted his developements.

He should really know how this forum works by now.

Got a pic of you smiling yet Gary?

Geoff

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the World will know Peace": Jimi Hendrix

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=738517&content=music

The Geoff - blame Caevan!!!

Originally posted by A String:

No, please feel free to post the info as it becomes available. I only ask that you post it in the "Manufactures" sticky at the top of the page. I realize you aren't a manufacture, but this is the place for this type of post.

Also, please stick around and join in. It sounds like you have a lot of knowledge regarding strings that could help out some folks around here.

Well thank you.

"QB] We went through all this the last time Gary posted his developements.

He should really know how this forum works by now.

Got a pic of you smiling yet Gary?

Geoff [/QB][/quote

I don't have time for above mentallity.

The last sentence of my previous post was flippant, granted, but the first two are entirely accurate.

http://www.musicplayer.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?/ubb/get_topic/f/19/t/015250.html#000019

(If we tickled you, would you smile then?)

:D

Geoff

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the World will know Peace": Jimi Hendrix

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=738517&content=music

The Geoff - blame Caevan!!!

http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/icons/icon3.gif That might make a good option for a twelve-string or a "Nashville-Tuned" kinda axe-periment...

So, Garry- what pitches would these strings have a favorable (as in typical, not too loose, not too tight) tension at on standard 24.75", 25", and 25.5" scaled-guitars? Y'know, tensions similar to those on typical electric-guitar string-sets at concert-pitch/standard-tuning?

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

Originally posted by Big Red 67:

Originally posted by Griffinator:

He took his marbles and went home. What a shame. :rolleyes:

Last thing I need to boggle my already diseased mind is an 8 string guitar with a high A and a low B....

Rather have a baritone.
I've got one for sale in the For Sale thread ;)

(duck)

It's not simple to be simple.

-H. Matisse

Ross Precision Guitars

Here's a picture of Garry Goodman.

I didn't realize it, but I had actually modified his pic for an avatar.

The top picture comes from his website. The second picture I lifted from Rock and Roll Confidential and modified to the 3rd picture.

I love ya Garry. Come on back and be part of the Forum.

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d159/pappadopalus/GarryGoodman.jpg

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d159/pappadopalus/OhBoy2.jpg

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d159/pappadopalus/OhBoy3.jpg

Archived