Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

fender neck help!! please view

avant bored

hi,

i've recently purchased a 1966 fender musicmaster II and while playing a garage show, my lead singer bumped into me and sent me flying into the drums. unfortunately, the edge of my drummer's crash made contact with my neck and sliced a piece of the 3rd fret away, and made a small chip in the wood.

is there anyway i can avoid buying a new neck? if there isnt, musicmaster necks are hard to come by on ebay, so if anyone knows any online store that sells musicmaster necks/musicmaster compatible necks, that information is greatly appreciated!

thanks,

ryan

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are you looking for an original neck, or replacement parts?

Your local luthier can repair the fret, and I'm sure there is a method of filling a notch, but it probubly wouldn't look too pretty. I don't mind adding character to my guitars though.

What a horrible night to have a curse.

Originally posted by avant bored:

hi,

i've recently purchased a 1966 fender musicmaster II and while playing a garage show, my lead singer bumped into me and sent me flying into the drums. unfortunately, the edge of my drummer's crash made contact with my neck and sliced a piece of the 3rd fret away, and made a small chip in the wood.

is there anyway i can avoid buying a new neck? if there isnt, musicmaster necks are hard to come by on ebay, so if anyone knows any online store that sells musicmaster necks/musicmaster compatible necks, that information is greatly appreciated!

thanks,

ryan

OK AVANT, now that you have your answer I just GOTTA ask: ... what is a GARAGE SHOW??? :confused:

ellwood -- friend's joke band needed a guitar player b/c he was playing in his garage. they printed out flyers and everything.

A String -- open it buzzes, and each higher frett the buzzing gets less.

If the "Notch" was causing the buzz, it wouldn't happen when you played it open. The string doesn't come in contact with the wood when you play open.

It sounds to me like the neck maybe out a bit. you may want to have it looked at by a luthier. Most music stores will have a guy who will "Set up" your guitar for around $50.

Archived