Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

bad fingers

outlawlebo

Originally posted by outlawlebo:

nah i'm left handed, and i play a left handed guitar... i figured that if i tryed to learn right handed it might hold me back somewhere down the line, where i could have been faster or better if id learnt left handed....which probably isnt true but still :P .... cheers guys..

Actually, two if not three of the fastest-learning and fastest-yet-smoothest-playing guitarists I've met have been left-handed, play the right-handed way. One of them was my student.

I have no clue if the fact they were lefties had anything to do w/ their above-average technical abilities.

"Without music, life would be a mistake."

--from 'Beyond Good and Evil', by Friedrich Nietzsche

My MySpace Space

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by MILLO:

w/o lifting them too far off the fretbaord (actually, just right above the strings, flying low, avoiding the radar, whatever you wanna call it).

You make a good point here, one I forgot to make. Try not raise your fingers too much as you change strings and fret different notes. While it may look impressive raising them up real high, it will slow you down. Economy of movement. Save the high showoff finger raises for a select spot in a solo to go with your moves....the showboat stuff.

How you doing on those ex's I posted?

Archived