Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

I'm a sick sick man - mentally

Bbach1

I have a horrible case of GAS and my tastes lean towards the expensive and I'm thinking about joining GAS anonymous. I need help. Does anyone know the national GASanon hotline? There must be a treatment for this. I could use new carpet in the basement, or some new furniture in the family room. There are things that I could use the money for that would make more sense. Is there a Betty Ford GAS treatment center?

bbach

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't look to me for help. As I mentioned in a previous post, if it has lights, buttons or dials, I want it. If it has shiny new strings and a sweet tone, I want it. If it has two twelve inch speakers and a beautiful set of tubes, I want it.

You'd understand where I'm coming from, if you could see the drool running down my face, right now.

Originally posted by Guitarzan:

i won't be any help.

i am beyond help myself. :(

Well thanks. I'll save you a bunk in the treatment center once I find one to check into. Hope they have guitars there. Doh!! (slaps forehead) There I go again. :freak:

bbach

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.

Originally posted by Sasquatch51:

Dude...I wish I could help you. But I have it as bad as anyone. Just yesterday I went out and bought a new Classical guitar....a guitar with almost a $5,000.00 MSRP....

Thanks, 'Squatch, I don't feel so bad now knowing it's not just me...BTW, what'd ya get??

Joe,

You are definitely in the wrong support group to resist GAS! Try calling 1-800-NO-MORE-GEAR and let us know how that works out. Then post pics of your new stuff!!!!

I was born at night but I wasn't born last night...

Actually, I got a killer deal on it. The MSRP is $4,795.00, the usual GC selling price is $3,499.00 including a standard Humicase. They had this one for quite a while and needed to move it, so they were ready to deal. I inspected it very closely for signs of neglect (symptoms of low humidity, rough handling, etc.) and could find nothing at all wrong with it. I struck a deal for $2,340.00, including an upgrade to the Humicase Metro and including taxes....out the door.

"And so I definitely, when I have a daughter, I have a lot of good advice for her."

~Paris Hilton

BWAAAHAAAHAAHAAA!!!

I am not the person you want to be asking for help. Like Sasq, I gave into the GAS yesterday:

http://www.bassnw.com/images/New%20Basses/Dingwall%20ABII%205%20Pomele%20Close.jpg

My name is DC, and I am a Gasaholic. But dammit, I'm a happy guy!

It's not simple to be simple.

-H. Matisse

Ross Precision Guitars

Yip I am no help either i have just landed a Godin LGXT, I was resisting but found it pointless join the Gas side.

Big smiles due to arrive with me on the 14th of June even bigger smiles its getting close!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Sas excellent mate, sounds a great deal !!!!

thats also a wicked looking bass :thu:

Love life, some twists and turns are more painful than others, but love life.....

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=592101

Deep cleansing breath.... hold.....

release.

I walked into GC on Saturday, and walked out with only $67 worth of damage- a new mic (which they tried to ignore their large "manager's special" sign right at the end of the counter!) and a couple banana plugs. The bass department held nothing of interest to me; I did play a nice Takamine jumbo that started to tempt me and a nice 12 string Alvarez. But I held it together, even in the midst of the "last chance for 0% financing" onslaught.

You can do it. Remember the breathing. But don't turn blue.

Or ignore me, and post pics tomorrow.

Joe- you didn't even say what is causing the GAS; therefore it must be all in your mind. Breathe deep...

"Am I enough of a freak to be worth paying to see?"- Separated Out (Marillion)

NEW band Old band

I got a (new) 2005 Jose' Ramirez 4E (IR/CE) with a Humicase Metro case. It is really an amazing guitar...very close to the quality and tone of a 1A, but about $4,000.00 cheaper.

Congratulations!

Those are wonderful guitars! I visit one at my local GC every so often. Beautiful warm tone with nice ringing trebles and really articulate voice seperation.

Have you recorded anything yet?

Originally posted by fantasticsound:

It's easy. Become poor. No more consequences of GAS. It's working for me. :(

I mean, junkies regularly lie, cheat and steal to support their drug habit. But have you ever heard of anyone robbing a bank to support their GAS?? :D

Well, no. But how many of us have driven around in $500 cars with $6000.00 worth of guitars in the back seat? :D

Originally posted by Justus A. Picker:

I got a (new) 2005 Jose' Ramirez 4E (IR/CE) with a Humicase Metro case. It is really an amazing guitar...very close to the quality and tone of a 1A, but about $4,000.00 cheaper.

Congratulations!

Those are wonderful guitars! I visit one at my local GC every so often. Beautiful warm tone with nice ringing trebles and really articulate voice seperation.

Have you recorded anything yet?

I have not recorded this guitar yet...but I will, of course. I'm getting to know it now....:>)

"And so I definitely, when I have a daughter, I have a lot of good advice for her."

~Paris Hilton

BWAAAHAAAHAAHAAA!!!

I mean, junkies regularly lie, cheat and steal to support their drug habit. But have you ever heard of anyone robbing a bank to support their GAS?? :D

Well, no. But how many of us have driven around in $500 cars with $6000.00 worth of guitars in the back seat? :D
:thu: More than a few times......

~Paris Hilton

BWAAAHAAAHAAHAAA!!!

...Ok. You have a sharp and valid point! (Ouch!) :D

It's easiest to find me on Facebook. Neil Bergman

Soundclick

fntstcsnd

I see there's no GAS shortage around here. :eek:

Besides the irresistable American and vintage stuff, this high quality yet low $$$ gear coming out of China right now is just causing GAS explosions all over.

Just a pinch between the geek and chum

Originally posted by Bejeeber:

I see there's no GAS shortage around here. :eek:

Besides the irresistable American and vintage stuff, this high quality yet low $$$ gear coming out of China right now is just causing GAS explosions all over.

That's true. I had explosive gas after chinese the other night.

sorry. ;)

It's not simple to be simple.

-H. Matisse

Ross Precision Guitars

Archived