Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Obscure brands : Intex, TCM?

Bluesape

A store in Ottawa is chock full of instruments I've never heard of. Intex seems to make everything - drums, PA, guitars... all fairly pricey. They seem well made enough, but their Strat clones cost more than Strats, their PRS clones are as much as the real thing.... The TCM line is a bit less, but still pricey for a Korean no name, There's also a Spanish built acoustic line , Alhambra, costing as much as Gibson, Taylor, Martin, etc.

Anybody know anything about these brands? It's the first time I've seen guitars costing in the thousands that have no notoriety.

Never a DUH! moment! Well, almost never. OK, OK! Sometimes never!

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Blues

They are a Canadian company by the looks of there web site which is poor I have to admit.

A lot of talk about being in the game since 1965 etc....

Lots of different brand names etc....

www.intexmusic.ca

Check it out

Love life, some twists and turns are more painful than others, but love life.....

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=592101

Alhambra is not obscure, I have the roster somewhere but I`m pretty sure they`re part of the traditional Spainish guitar luthiery group. Don`t know about the others but finding great guitars from unexpected sources is one of my passions. Just brought one back from Australia a couple of weeks ago, all native timber and great rep among those in the know.

Same old surprises, brand new cliches-

Skipsounds on Soundclick:

www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandid=602491

Originally posted by Kramer Ferrington III.:

Originally posted by skipclone 1:

Just brought one back from Australia a couple of weeks ago, all native timber and great rep among those in the know.

Maton?
No, I almost got one of those but managed to find what I was originally after. I think the guy was with Maton at one time but went off on his own. They`re Cole Clark, you can find them on the web-I have the Mistress. Er, that`s the guitar model.

Same old surprises, brand new cliches-

Skipsounds on Soundclick:

www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandid=602491

Archived