Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

My Gear Pic

Hardtail

I got a new digital camera last week so thought I'd put together a gear pic, specifically the new Strat and amp. The LP, I've had for 15 years.

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f191/kboruff/Picture009.jpg

As you can see, my TV is quite old. It's an '88 RCA. My wife had given me the choice to get a new one for my birthday a few weeks ago. Not really wanting to spend the bucks for the TV I want at this time, instead, I got the amp.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice looking gear, there, Keith.

I wouldn't be bothered about the TV. We only just replaced the NEC TV we had last year. And I bought it in 1986... It was a 26 inch TV (fairly large for 1986).

Wise people put their money into what they really want instead of what everyone else thinks they should have.

I think you made the right choice. What's the next step?

Born on the Bayou

Originally posted by LPCustom:

I think you made the right choice. What's the next step?

I have everything I need for now. I'm just practicing my ass off with what I have.

I also have a Dunlop Crybaby 535Q that I forgot to put in the pic.

I'm not effects crazy but I may want to get a flanger or phase shifter. I'm in no hurry for it though.

I guess the next step is to get the chops back, build up a good song repotoire (sp?) and play in a band. At that point, I'd be looking at a bigger amp or an extension cab for my current on. If I choose the ext. cab route, I'll give you a call.

Guitar wise, I want a Gibson 335. However, if I do play in a band, I'd like a back up instrument for the LP so maybe another LP or a PRS.

All this stuff I wrote can change at anytime but I think this is where I stand now.

I've got decent gear... I'm just trying to earn it now (practice).

Originally posted by rw2003:

I'm also impressed by those glass-door cabinets behind the equipment... empty shelves! Man, most closets and shelves I have are packed with clutter!!!

Look at the my desk on the other pic. All of my crap is there.

I'm saving that cabinet space for all the A/V equipment I'm going to get one of these days.

Originally posted by Guitarzan:

look familiar Darklava?

nice rigs both of you. :thu:

Hardtail , you need a Wolfgang, an SG and a Tele.

Yeah Darklava! What are you doing with my gear? My TV (well... you can keep the TV)? My house? :D

Originally posted by Junior 1:

What TV, I don't see no TV, but I hear a Hot Rod!

Nice white Strat.

I bought the HRD at Musicland in Lake Grove. I guess they have a bigger place in Lindenhurst.

I like Musicland. The people are cool, knowledgeable, and not pushy. They have a decent line of guitars too though they don't have any Gibsons (they have Epiphones though).

When the time comes to get a PRS, I'm going to them.

Here's a blog about them written by my setup guy:

http://sbmac.typepad.com/scotts_guitar_blog/2006/04/great_dealer_fe.html

Look what I found on my HD while deleting some old files:

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f191/kboruff/mug.jpg

This pic was taken almost 22 years ago. Man.. how time flies... and we just get older and uglier in the process. :D

Originally posted by lee83:

Must have been taken about the same time as you bought your tv eh HardTail :) tehehehehehehe

Yep! And probably during the same time that mommy was still wiping your arse. :D

Archived