Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Your worst band name

The Big G

Now I am sure there has been many down this road before but some really do make me laugh.

My own personal worst band name was "The Killer Diddies" (diddies is a Scottish name for idiot)

By all means post the worst ones you have been under the banner of.... :)

Love life, some twists and turns are more painful than others, but love life.....

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=592101

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been in "Carling Vaults", "Blue Sky", "The Downing Band" (Named after the band leader) and "Treble Blues Trio".

None of them are particularly strange. I did have a friend in the 80's, however, who had a punk band called "The Snot Vampires".

There is also a famous Canadian band from my home town called "Finger 11". But before they signed the record contract, they were known as "The Rainbow Butt Monkeys".

Originally posted by A String:

I've been in "Carling Vaults", "Blue Sky", "The Downing Band" (Named after the band leader) and "Treble Blues Trio".

None of them are particularly strange. I did have a friend in the 80's, however, who had a punk band called "The Snot Vampires".

There is also a famous Canadian band from my home town called "Finger 11". But before they signed the record contract, they were known as "The Rainbow Butt Monkeys".

A string I quite like the "carling vaults" the rest maybe dont do it for me.

Love life, some twists and turns are more painful than others, but love life.....

You were in Twisted Sister, Pappy?? :eek:

I've been in Access Denied and Lucky Pierre, the latter being named for a line in Mellencamp's Get A Leg Up.

As if the name wasn't strange enough, Access Denied helped me record a Wacky Weenie for John Brandmeier's Chicago morning show in 1989. My brother, not a member of the band, was inspired to write the song and sing lead vocal. I wrote the music.

For lack of a better way to describe the participants, I typed a note to accompany the cassette that read, "recorded by Access Denied and Steve". Brandmeier thought that was the literal name of the band and, after playing the song, repeated it twice between his own hysterical laughing and that of Buzz Kilman. (His sidekick, newsman and the subject of the song.)

We hounded them all morning to play the song the first time, so we were ready and recorded the airplay. I still have it.

Those are all I'll admit to. ;)

It's easiest to find me on Facebook. Neil Bergman

Soundclick

fntstcsnd

Yeah pappy for real Twisted sister ????

If this is so then if you played in the line up at Donnington I have seen you do your stuff Pappy.

I have to admit i was young and impressionable then, no more castle Donnigton for me.....

The Good News Garage Band. I hated the name, but just couldn't get motivated to come up with anything else, so I got stuck with it.

Then I was in a band called Frank Watson, and no one in the band was named Frank Watson(the name came from an episode of Northern Exposure, and it's a very long story how that name applied to the band). That was weird.

Always remember that you are unique. Just like everyone else.

In high school I was briefly in both The Erik Estrada Love Triangle and The Jim Jones Baksale Experience...

In college I was in Shannon Dougherty's Army - which wasn't really an actual band... It was really just me and my roomate in our first floor dorm room playing to the people that walked past our window.

Go that way really fast.  If something gets in your way, turn.

Originally posted by Pappy P:

Originally posted by Fantastic Sound:

You were in Twisted Sister, Pappy??

Whoops, I wasn't in twisted sister. I Mis-understood the topic of this thread. I wish I was that buff though.
:D

Maybe so, but in many ways you were lucky to not be in that band.

Dee Snider loved to recount a bar gig that turned into a small riot. He ended up being arrested and thrown in jail.. in full makeup and stage garb. :D

Soundclick

fntstcsnd

Originally posted by TimEm:

In high school I was briefly in both The Erik Estrada Love Triangle and The Jim Jones Baksale Experience...

Wait a minute - a bunch of these so far are the BEST band names I've seen!

In contrast I have some truly groan inducing band names in my past:

Hot Sauce

Rapid Transit

The Sons Of God (I kid not about this one!! There I was a painfully white guy and non born again christian, rehearsing, recording and sometimes performing with a black ultra devout born again group from Inglewood. They were really good too.)

Just a pinch between the geek and chum

Hopefully it wasn't a Quiet Riot.
No, but there were plenty of Dangerous Toys to be found there. It was quite a Motley Crue. That's what he gets for Poisoning a crowd with lame jokes and cheap one-liners. Dee just couldn't Accept the reality that he wasn't a comedian. Judas Priest, Dee, Enuff'Z'Nuff!

I win :D

Originally posted by fantasticsound:

You were in Twisted Sister, Pappy?? :eek:

I've been in Access Denied and Lucky Pierre, the latter being named for a line in Mellencamp's Get A Leg Up.

As if the name wasn't strange enough, Access Denied helped me record a Wacky Weenie for John Brandmeier's Chicago morning show in 1989. My brother, not a member of the band, was inspired to write the song and sing lead vocal. I wrote the music.

For lack of a better way to describe the participants, I typed a note to accompany the cassette that read, "recorded by Access Denied and Steve". Brandmeier thought that was the literal name of the band and, after playing the song, repeated it twice between his own hysterical laughing and that of Buzz Kilman. (His sidekick, newsman and the subject of the song.)

We hounded them all morning to play the song the first time, so we were ready and recorded the airplay. I still have it.

Those are all I'll admit to. ;)

Post the audio. I listened to him and Steve Dahl all the time!!!

Originally posted by Pappy P:

TWisted Sister.

Battered Brother

:P

"Treat your wife with honor, respect, and understanding as you live together so that you can pray effectively as husband and wife." 1 Peter 3:7

Originally posted by guitarisawayoflife21:

I was in a band called July Subsides...

Yeah, it doesn't really roll off the tongue, does it?

Originally posted by A String:

Hey! I have a very great friend in Rome called Bigus Dickus! :D

I'm surpwised, centuwion! Wattled by a wowdy wound of wabid webels? ;)

Hey, you've added your name to your signature. Does that mean you don't want to be called A String anymore?

Originally posted by Big Red 67:

...Post the audio. I listened to him and Steve Dahl all the time!!!

Ok, the setup is:

• Wacky Weenies (for everyone else) were songs used to introduce various regulars on the show. Some were "real" songs put to use because they meant something to Brandmeier and his audience but most, like ours, were written specifically for the show. Brandmeier and his own band did quite a few as well.
  • Buzz Kilman, the newsman, had some plumbers work on his house. They took a break and left an open hole in the wall Kilman's cat went through unnoticed. The plumbers sealed the cat in the wall. Shortly thereafter the fmaily heard scratching and meowing and the wall had to be opened up. Brandmeier claimed Buzz was sealing people up in his walls.
  • My brother wanted to write a song about it for some time, but held off until the joke resurfaced. He wrote the lyrics in a few hours while I put together a musical arrangement. We gathered the band at our lead singer's studio, where I played guitar to our drummer playing the pads of a drum machine. I wasn't happy with our bass player's attempts, so I played bass and everyone made goofy background noises after my brother laid down a lead vocal. With Wacky Weenies, the goofier the better. :D

The clip begins with the end of another Wacky Weenie, Shanty by Jonathan Edwards. It was the last time Buzz would read news that morning and I thought we'd failed to get it played on air..

Click here for The Kilman Chronicles.

(Sorry for hijacking the thread. :o )

Soundclick

fntstcsnd

Archived