Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Fender Lace Sensor Pickups

Hardtail

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

they are different, i had a Lace sensor blue which was fairly hot. i was under the impression it was PAF sounding but it seemed way more hot.

they are low noise and have less magnetic pull so you can set them close to the strings.

i would go for gold if i was looking for a set.

there are more styles than the older sensors now.

i have heard good things about the hemi humbuckers.

Yeah, got one with em (in the Avatar it's the American Deluxe one) So how do I like em? well it's a pretty good indication here because I gave it to Jerry!...yeah I mean there ok but I like a Strat to be a STRAT! with those pups it's someting else other than a Strat. That one has Blue, Gold and red in each position. I do gotta say it's a pretty good sounding recording guotar...I DONT LIKE IT for live playing. EDIT: OR was one silver? anyways one of each of whatever they where.

Oh ok... I managed to read a bit more about them on MF's site. I guess they have less noise than the standard single-coils and the colors signify the brightness/darkness of the tone.

The reason I asked is that they're standard on one of the Buddy Guy signature models.

Originally posted by Guitarzan:

the funny thing about some lace sensor equipped signature models is the artists don't always use sensors in thier personal axes.

Fender is funny that way.

That doesn't surprise me one bit and I don't see that confined soley to Fender.

It's similar to bodybuilding mags where some champion bodybuilder lays out his training schedule. My own trainer told me that most of those routines listed are bullshit and that they really do a different routine? Why? Don't know.

Originally posted by ellwood:

HT use your photo editor and reduce it.. It should look good you will get even better resolution in reduced size..ya it's a good one for sure..hay no lace sensors there!

Done.

Ok, no more Crossroads tonight. I put the LP away and am doing a half assed hack at "Damned Right I got the Blues" with the Strat.

At this point, I have enough gas left in the tank for "noodling".

I like them but like Blues said the strat nazis didn't.This is why fender put out the lace pickups in the first place.Not only did the strat nazis not like lace pickups but they didn't like any of the new fenders at the time period.The lace was used to attract new players who were buying Kramer,Charvel etc,etc.Not to take Fenders side because i had the mis-fourtune of owning a Fender Elite Strat.This was before John smith and the rest bought it.Remember back in the day when no one would touch a new Fender?When it comes to the big two nobody likes change.Lace didn't look the part to some people.Got em in my Beck and i love them.Can't stand the holy grail ones though.

I think they're very quiet, but not totally. I have Hot Gold Duallies on one of my guitars, and in humbuckers mode they don't act like humbuckers--instead, the hum from both coils just combine, making it hum more than a real humbucker. They're finally coming out of this axe this week.

They have a very clear, articulate sound, kinda glassy. And yeah, they don't sound exactly like regular pickups. I kinda like it, but can't handle the noise.

Some people even say they sound like active pickups.

"Without music, life would be a mistake."

--from 'Beyond Good and Evil', by Friedrich Nietzsche

My MySpace Space

Archived