Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

What Drummer Would You Most Like to Work With?

Dr. Ellwood

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey, I'd like to jam with this guy just for being a tenacious enough bastard to overcome the most daunting of all obstacles:

http://www.paralinks.net/musicians/IMAGES/rickallen.jpg

Rick Allen of Def Leppard. Anyone who can do what he does and still kick ass deserves my vote!

"Cisco Kid, was a friend of mine"

Originally posted by Tedster:

Hey, I'd like to jam with this guy just for being a tenacious enough bastard to overcome the most daunting of all obstacles:

http://www.paralinks.net/musicians/IMAGES/rickallen.jpg

Rick Allen of Def Leppard. Anyone who can do what he does and still kick ass deserves my vote!

Good call Ted!

Bonham

Alex Van Halen

Matt Cameron-Soundgarden, Temple of the Dog, Pearl Jam.

Simon Kirke

Avoid playing the amplifier at a volume setting high enough to produce a distorted sound through the speaker-Fender Guitar Course-1966

Ringo, Mick Fleetwood, Jim Keltner, Bonzo or Moon, Stewart Copeland, Steve Gadd, Terry ? (played in Rockpile and then for Dire Straits), That guy from 'The Attractions,' that guy in the Blue's Bro's movie, that red head guy from Pat Benatar's first band, Allen White, Christ, there's a bunch of great one's I'd love to work with!

Originally posted by pollock:

if he was still alive - ELVIN JONES!

" " - keith moon

Also:

if he was still alive - Fred Below

" " " " " - Spencer Dryden

fortunately still alive - Mitch Mitchell

sgstrat, excellent call on Fred Below! There have been lots of great picks so far. Here are three personal faves who haven't been mentioned yet:

- Al Jackson, Jr.: pick up an album by Booker T., Al Green, or Sam and Dave and you'll get a clinic in impossibly deep, yet understated, soul drumming.

- Stan Lynch: I have always loved the slinky feel of early Tom Petty albums; Stan's a huge reason why. I haven't liked Petty's output nearly as much since Stan left (although I still think that Mike Campbell is a monster player).

- Phil Rudd: Laugh if you want, but I feel Phil is the Charlie Watts of hard rock. Proof that you don't have to play fills all the time. The epitome of steady.

Archived