Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Does anyone have a better voice than Doug Pinnick?

JipThePeople

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Steve Gruden has to be the best vocalist i've heard in regards to tone, technique, feel, range, grit, dynamics, and just pure soul.

http://www.stevegruden.com/

He had a band in the early 90's called Secret service who got all the paper work from atlantic records to get signed something like the week after he died

It has been reported that on (king biscuit flower hour???) that when Steve Perry was asked if he knew of any vocalists better than he, that he was quoted with words to the effect that there was this guy named steve Gruden in tampa Bay who sung the Journey tunes better than he

The thing to note about Pinnick is that he is in a cutting edge band. Ty Tabor and Jerry Gaskill are both totally accomplished, and as stylistically advanced as any super group. This along with ALOT of great songs makes him my favorite.

Also he sounds soulfully cool. He doesn't sound like a guy trying to be anything except who he is, he is just a monster like Eddie. Can't hold him back.

He sounds like a total badass. I like alot of other singers also, but for rock Doug Pinnick takes the cake for me. More importantly he and King's X have some incredible tunes.

I always liked Steve Perry,Rik Emmett,(whatever happened to him?),and dang it-I can't think of his name-the lead singer for Steppenwolf. That guy has a really good rockin voice. I saw them do a performance on PBS over a year ago,and I was amazed he still has his voice and he still looked good!

Archived