Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Does this seem a bit pricey?

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's probably of a higher playing quality than the previously cheapo Danelectros and Teiscos that are commanding higher prices now than when they were new.

He not busy being born

Is busy dyin'.

...Bob Dylan

Originally posted by Kramer Ferrington III.:

$1,036.09 USD :eek::P

Like I said... it seems kinda pricey for a Squier, but then I'm not a collector.

According to my handy-dandy currency exchange rate calculator, one GBP = $1.886 USD, making the price of this (Dr. Evil pinky to mouth and voice) one MILLION, thirty-seven thousand, three hundred dollars.

If that's so it is a bit pricey.

Or am I missing something?

Even at a grand plus it's overpriced. It's a Squier, fer Pete's sake.

And the debate rages on.....

Some say the early Squier guitars are better than their early 80's U.S. counterparts of the same era. From what I have seen, I must agree with this theory.

But, is the Tele in question worth it's bid? Not to me, but they are getting quite old, after all.

Originally posted by Chad:

Originally posted by Kramer Ferrington III.:

$1,036.09 USD :eek::P

Like I said... it seems kinda pricey for a Squier, but then I'm not a collector.

According to my handy-dandy currency exchange rate calculator, one GBP = $1.886 USD, making the price of this (Dr. Evil pinky to mouth and voice) one MILLION, thirty-seven thousand, three hundred dollars.

If that's so it is a bit pricey.

Or am I missing something?

I think Europeans use a "," in the same way the we (Americans) use a decimal point. So your calculation of $1MM+ may be off by a factor of 1,000.

"Spend all day doing nothing

But we sure do it well" - Huck Johns from 'Oh Yeah'

Click to Listen to Oh yeah

As others have posted, the early MIJ Squiers are somewhat collectible and therefore demand more $ as compared to the newer Squiers (where ever they are manufactured).

I friend off mine had a connection in Japan and picked up a Squier Strat new in the mid-80s. It was a very nice guitar and was much cheaper than its Made in USA counterpart.

I guess its supply and demand. Probably not too many of these in Italy to begin with.

"Spend all day doing nothing

But we sure do it well" - Huck Johns from 'Oh Yeah'

Click to Listen to Oh yeah

Originally posted by Geoff Byrne:

I've got a 52 re-issue bridge pup in my FrankenTele.

Looks a bit pricy to me.

Does Fender do a Highway 1 Tele?

G.

Yup - 2 friends have 'em, and they rock. :thu:
Never a DUH! moment! Well, almost never. OK, OK! Sometimes never!

Well, if you forget to use the decimal point it is! ;)

Yeah, you could buy a proper telecaster for that money.

IIRC, the original Squiers were Fenders that were made in Japan. They are _much_ better guitars than what Squier devolved into.

That guitar should be worth about what your average MiJ Fender is worth. There may be a premium because those are fairly rare (they didn't make all that many the first couple of years).

They went bargain basement when they stopped putting the Fender name on the guitar.

Born on the Bayou

Archived