Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

look what i scored today!!

wietse

man i'm happy today, today it's queensday in the netherlands and that's when whe celebrate the brithday of the queenmom, because our current queen has her birthday in the winter she chose to hold the festivities when the wheather is nicer like in april.

but on queens day there are freemarkets in almost every town, everybody is free to go there and sell stuff.

not me because i'm way too busy getting stuff an such a day.

the score in cd's and lp's was low but in guitar stuff it was great and cheap too.

the first find was a kay ES model, in bad looking condition, no strings, dirty, controls hanging out, misalligned neck, for only 5 euro.

i fixed all of it, shimmed the neck and aligned it(the neckpocket is somehow distorted on the top side)so filled it up with chips of wood, now it fits nicely in the neckpocket again.

plays nice even the intonation is right, that was a worry to me, because you cannot intonate this model of bridge.

the next score was A EKO kiwi bass for 50 euro, in almost perfect condition and the sucker even has active electronics!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v497/wietse/ekokay.jpg

and that for a guy who never leves the three northern provinces on his search, friends of mine go to amsterdam to the freemarket, wich is bigger than al the markets i visted now together, and never find guitars and stuff.

my feet hurt and i'm tired as hell.

except the guitars i also bought a mayatone 10watt combo for 10 euro.(and some ps2 games)

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yep 5 euro, only one of my guitars was cheaper(except the one i got for free) a ESP strat kids played with it for a while and damaged the paintjob during that time.

refinnished that one and is the best guitar find i've ever did.

this morning i discovered that the neck of the kay has straightend out nicely over night.

and to my amazement the neck is a laminated one too, this makes a extreme strong neck almost impossible to warp or bend beyond repair.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v497/wietse/kayflat.jpg

extreme thin body this one, my esp strat's body is fatter.

Archived