Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Tele Custom '62

Moonfish

Hi to all!!!! I have bought a secon hand '62 Tele Custom (japan) last week.....this guitar have an humbucking at neck position, but i don't like it.

Anibody can told me which are good humbucking pick ups, for my Tele?........this pick up must have a good volume balance with my single bridge pick up.

Visit www.Moonfish.co.uk

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Moonfish:

Anibody can told me which are good humbucking pick ups, for my Tele?........this pick up must have a good volume balance with my single bridge pick up.

Well, you can do a lot for the volume balance by turning the screws on the side of the pickups.

Turning the screws will raise or lower the pickups and depending on how close the pickup is to the string, the sound will be louder or softer.

As far as changing the pickups goes... how much do you want to spend?

Humbuckers go from about 30 something euro (for Mighty Mites) to about 120 (for Seymour Duncans) and that's without looking at all the second hand stuff on eBay.

And of course, you should decide what sort of music you want to play: "vintage" pickups have a softer, warmer sound than modern pickups. "Jazz" type pickups will probably be pretty clean and won't distort as much as rock oriented pickups...

Have a look at Seymour Duncan\'s site . They have sound samples of their various pickups and you can get an idea of what various pickup types sound like. A "vintage" pickup might sound good on paper but it might not have the sound you like.

Archived