Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

What is ur alltime favorite song? and dont say "well there is a lot i like"

S_O_A_D

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
"Celebration Day" by Zeppelin, but the live version from "Song Remains the Same". Hell, any song from that record would be my favorite. A very close second would be "Say Hello To Heaven", Temple of the Dog. But as with AString, it will change shortly.

Avoid playing the amplifier at a volume setting high enough to produce a distorted sound through the speaker-Fender Guitar Course-1966

Originally posted by NaotaForHonesty:

GReg have you check out How the West Was Won? Its a live zeppelin album released not too long ago....in my opinion its much better then song remains the same, thought youd like to know.

Yeah, I have, and it is better. Every time I listen to Song Remains, I have flashbacks of high school! That is all I ever listened to then! My brother hated Zeppelin for a long time because of me.

If its something from Zeppelin, chances are I have it.

The Zeppelin DVD is also a must have for true fans. It rocks. :thu:

Avoid playing the amplifier at a volume setting high enough to produce a distorted sound through the speaker-Fender Guitar Course-1966

I don't have one song... sorry.

However, I like the references to the Zeppelin songs, especially the live versions.

I'd like to add the live version of "No Quarter" (from Song Remains the Same) too. Jimmy Page and John Paul Jones kick ass on that tune. I have the CD in my car and crank that tune up all the time.

I can't really think of a single song as a favorite. There are many and those depend on my mood.

A few of them are (in no particular order):

Starship Troopers part 3, Wurm (live version) - Yes

Long Hard Ride - Marshall Tucker Band

The Tower That Ate People - Peter Gabriel

Born On The Bayou - CCR

Subdivisions - Rush

Reach Out - Cheap Trick

The Hell Song - Sum 41

A Train Of Angels - Joe Satriani

Limelight - Rush

Times Like These - Foo Fighters

Born on the Bayou

"Danny Says" -Ramones

Runners up:

"Photograph" -Weezer

"Waiting on a Sunny Day" -Bruce Springsteen

"Badlands" -Bruce Springsteen

"Healing Hands" -Elton John

"Whole Lotta Rosie" -AC/DC

"Surrender" -Cheap Trick

"Blitzkrieg Bop" -Ramones

Honorable mention:

"Castles Made of Sand" -Jimi Hendrix

"When learned men begin to use their reason, then I generally discover that they haven't got any." -GK Chesterton

Originally posted by Sasquatch51:

.....or Winchester Cathedral by The New Vaudeville Band

You are really old. :D

(I have the album...my mother bought it for me a long time ago) ;)

A Jazz/Chord Melody Master-my former instructor www.robertconti.com

(FKA GuitarPlayerSoCal)

It's hard to have a favorite alltime song when you get old. Too many songs, too much time passed. You appreciate things differently.
Everybody knows rock attained perfection in 1974. It's a scientific fact. - Homer Simpson

Originally posted by Jedro:

It's hard to have a favorite alltime song when you get old. Too many songs, too much time passed. You appreciate things differently.

Well, yeah.

But on the other hand, you can look back and say "I've played this song, on average, once a week for the past twentyfive years!", which has got to count for something. :)

Originally posted by GuitarPlayerSoCal:

Originally posted by Sasquatch51:

.....or Winchester Cathedral by The New Vaudeville Band

You are really old. :D

(I have the album...my mother bought it for me a long time ago) ;)

I was wondering if anyone was even going to remember that song. I remember when it first came out....I hated it just as much then as I do now. I have NO EARTHLY IDEA why I remember who did it. It's a sickness.... :eek:

"And so I definitely, when I have a daughter, I have a lot of good advice for her."

~Paris Hilton

BWAAAHAAAHAAHAAA!!!

Truer words were never spoken.

"And so I definitely, when I have a daughter, I have a lot of good advice for her."

~Paris Hilton

BWAAAHAAAHAAHAAA!!!

Originally posted by Kramer Ferrington III.:

Well, yeah.

But on the other hand, you can look back and say "I've played this song, on average, once a week for the past twentyfive years!", which has got to count for something. :)

I guess I just don't have any of those songs. Very few songs still give me the same feelnig as they initially did. One that does, though, is Rush's "Subdivisions". I have loved that song since I first heard it in my friend Ed's basement way back when. But I wouldn't call it my favorite. There is just so much out there.
Everybody knows rock attained perfection in 1974. It's a scientific fact. - Homer Simpson

Nothing has bumped "Georgia On My Mind" from first place, but some other gospelly blusey ballads like "Same Old Blues"(Freddie King), "Just As I Am"(Luther Allison), and "Drown In My Own Tears"(Ray Charles) are close. Bonnie Raitt's version of Randy Newman's "Guilty", Albert King's "I'll Play The Blues For You", and of course, "Little Wing" will always be huge favs of mine.
Never a DUH! moment! Well, almost never. OK, OK! Sometimes never!

Sorry, kid, I've heard too many tunes that I love in too many different styles to say "this is the best one I ever heard". Unless a person has formed some sort of fanatic attachment to one style of music or one band in particular, it's silly to try to narrow it down that far. A top ten, or twenty, or a hundred, maybe. One song that's better than all the others? Ridiculous.

Always remember that you are unique. Just like everyone else.

Archived