Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

who is ur all time favorite band??

S_O_A_D

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by NaotaForHonesty:

Originally posted by comacoda:

The Smashing Pumpkins. Hands down, this band smiles, weeps, slays, nurtures, conquers, dies, loves and hates. Just like me.

This man knows his music.
Good to see a fellow fan and guitarist. I'm a huge fan, I think the "bullet with butterfly wings" will attest to that. :)

http://myspace-672.vo.llnwd.net/00297/27/60/297970672_l.jpg

Live long and prosper unless it is a good day to die.

I can't pick one, I have seen to many of them come and go to pick just one. But if I could, it wouldn't be System of a Down. Sorry, just not my cuppa tea..

Always remember that you are unique. Just like everyone else.

Maybe a bit odd that a guitar player like me would have to name a band that had no guitar player (though there are several songs out of all their repetoire that did have a little guitar on them) --

Weather Report

Mbohhh...

Like a lot of ppl here, I'd say it changes every few days.

I like a lot of Ry Cooder, the "golden period" Stones, Brian Eno, Sumo, R. Crumb & His Cheap Suit Serenaders, The Pogues, Q, Louis Armstrong's Hot 5, the Hot 7 and his All Stars, The Church, The Chills, some of Hole... In no specific order.

Often I'll be crazy about a specific album but not about the band's entire catalog. Or sometimes, I only know of one single, such as The Passions' "I'm In Love With A German Filmstar".

Im a big smashing pumpkins fan myself.. only with jimmy on the drums tho.. hard to pick one as my all time fav.. I like Zep, and ACDC... but individual performances also rank up there with me like Steve Morse playing Highland Wedding.. awesome..
Eat a Peach for Peace..........

If you put a gun to my head, for rock: the Beatles. For jazz: the Coltrane quartet with McCoy and Elvin, or Miles with Wayne, Herbie, Ron and Tony..

But I'd rather hear a tune I loved by someone else, than a mediocre piece by one of these people!

For classical: I'm a serious Bachaholic, but there are many other great ones!

But why limit ourselves anyway? There are thousands if not millions of talented musicians out there today to enjoy and learn from, and have been for thousands of years!!

If I had to pick only one it would be Rush, but in actuallity it would be a tough choice between Rush,Yes, and Jethro Tull.

In Blues - B.B. King (don't get me wrong, there are so many fantastic bluesmen, but B.B.'s music and style has always "spoken" to me the most.)

In jazz - Weather Report.

In Reggae/Dub - Bob Marley and the Wailers, Bill Laswell and Jah Woble are close seconds.

In "Classical" - Bach, hands down (Baroque period). Beethoven and Tchikovisky tie (Classical period).

Cheers!

Nothing is as it seems but everything is exactly what it is - B. Banzai

Life is what happens while you are busy playing in bands.

Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble. Some others would include; Phil Keaggy, Audioslave, Chris Cornell, Soundgarden, Temple of the Dog, Pearl Jam, Zeppelin, Rush, ZZ Top, Wes Montgomery, and on and on and on...
"I wanted to play saxophone, but all I could get were a few squeaks. So, my big brother was playing guitar and I figured I'd try it too."---SRV

Archived