Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

I'm gassing for a twanger

Hardtail

Plonk your magic twanger ova day!

I got the new strat back today after being with the setup man all week. Man... does it twang sweetly!

Anyone who happens to see a hard tail strat in a music store, I implore you to go to take it to the nearest amp and play it clean.... and loud.

Now I want more twang! :D Maybe a Tele? :D

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply
For a different sorta twang, scope out a Gretsch with either single-coils or even their humbuckers. Their Elliot Easton signature-model axe is particularly twang-capable, with a longer scale-length than most Gretches and a pair of low/medium output Filter'Tron pickups. Warmer than a Tele or a Strat, woodier and twangier than a Les Paul... sounds killer through low to medium gain overdive!

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

Well, I have a Danelectro baritone, which hits some pretty low notes (tunes to B) and that'd be pretty useful for doing that whole Duane Eddy thing.

No bigsby, unfortunately.

But yeah, a baritone in general is definitely worth considering as "a twanger". And of course, it ties in with all that detuned nu-metal thing as well, so it's a fairly versatile guitar.

Originally posted by ellwood:

YEAH!! The Ghoul? ROCKED! :D

I miss The Ghoul. Every Saturday night, WKBD 50 played old Flash Gordon reruns followed by The Ghoul. Definitely some good quality B rate stuff. :D

Now that I'm back from a cold, cold soccer practice, the question is: to twang or not to twang?

Archived