Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

The Trailer Park Boys...OT

Guitarzan

does anyone watch the trailer park boys?

in Canada it is on Showcase, i am unsure of USA.

it started as a short film and grew into a full blown series. it is not very politcally correct but it is funny. but that could be because i am from N.S. and have seen people like this when i was growing up.

it is locally produced. the story of some buddies in a trailer park and thier constant run ins with the trailer park supervisor.

expect stupid people, dope,the F word, schemes involving dope, getting raped by cougars on dope(not older women, a cat), a white guy who lives with his mom and thinks he is a black rapper named Jroc, and lots of gun play.

one of my favorite episodes involved a guest appearance from Alex Lifeson. they schemed a way into a rush concert by kidnapping him.

in another episode they had local singer Rita MacNeil harvesting thier weed after hijacking the tour bus.

here is a link if you are curious...

for outrageous fun they can't be beat

a fullblown movie this summer

outrageous humour

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by ellwood:

I'm in Detroit, I'm going to try to get it, sounds great!! :D

they sell the dvd sets of each season. i really love it. the characters are really what makes it work. it is a riot. it is shot in a cheesy style which adds alot. probably the funniest guy on there is "Bubbles" sort of a goofball who is actually smarter than his pals at times. he is a sucker for a "kitty" (yes cats) and drives his go-cart while wearing a hockey helmet.

he wears glasses so thick he actually get headaches while filming.

one episode they where having a wrestling match and Bubbles came dressed in green from head to toe as "the Green Bastard" (from parts unknown).

I've seen most episodes, great stuff, especially the Lifeson appearance. Bubbles was in a band before they started the show but I can't remember which one. I read about how he created his character during the long boring stretches on the tour bus. He's quoted as saying he bought his glasses at a Sally Anne shop. Being Canadian makes it more of a treat, a scary as it sounds we all know people like these guys(not as extreme thankfully but...).

Jim

the band was Sandbox, they recorded two albums and were nominated for a juno.

Mike Smith was doing sound for the show and screwing around with this "character" he used to do for a laugh and Mike Clattenburg wrote him into the script.

yes, apparently those glasses were aquired in some second hand store or yard sale.

awhile back they were looking for anyone with a set, they wanted a backup pair.

when i was in a highschool drama festival i took a few workshops on improv with John Dunsworth (Mr. Lahey), ZZZmon lives next door to the guy who supplies thier cars for the series.

I drive by thee "Trailer Park" everytime I go surfing out at Cow Bay, and I once landed in the parking lot where Bubbles drives a forklift, next to Paddie's Pub (long story, we were flying offshore and had a mechanical problem...made the evening news) so that's my claim to fame. Those guys living in Hollywood have nothing on me! ;)
www.myspace.com/darcyhoover

Work has been a little nuts so not much posting lately.

Not much new, still debating flying back to my folks in Hamilton to see Buddy Guy, or cross my fingers and hope he brings his tour out East in the Fall. Not much time left to make up my mind!

I've tried to watch it, but Juanita tries to body slam me when I surf to that show - most intolerant of alcoholic, drug addicted petty criminals with guns, she is. :D
Never a DUH! moment! Well, almost never. OK, OK! Sometimes never!

What is it with women and good comedy? Trailer Park Boys, Family Guy, South Park, even Monty Python and my mrs. is headed off to bed, or we end up watching the Home Improvement Channel ....arrrgh.

For those of you who don't receive Trailer Park Boys in your area, you can just watch My Name Is Earl for a very similar creative mindset. I think it's funny, Juanita hates it, so I know I'm right! :D:D
Never a DUH! moment! Well, almost never. OK, OK! Sometimes never!

Archived