Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Anyone else having problems with this site?

DC Ross

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I haven't been here long but have noticed that posting is slower than any other site I've ever posted to. It's not that big of a deal but it would be nice if it was faster. Not noticed any other problems though.

Originally posted by FumbleFingers:

I just get slow page loads especially taking me back after posting.

Oh, I get those too, especially when I'm home on dial up.

I don't wait for the page to refresh, that takes ages.

I just click on the link after a couple of seconds and it works fairly well. You know, the one that says "Sit tight, we are taking you back to..." or whatever it is.

I'm on cable as well, but this site is very slow compared to every other site I visit. I use Zone alarm, but I don't use ZA Pro. Maybe I need to upgrade.

bbach

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.

Originally posted by Bbach O'Toole:

I'm on cable as well, but this site is very slow compared to every other site I visit. I use Zone alarm, but I don't use ZA Pro. Maybe I need to upgrade.

I also use "Fire Fox" for browsing and I don't have the Flash Plug-in installed. Instead of the flash ad at the top, I get a thing saying "Missing Plug-in" and instead of the ads down the side, it just says "ad". Nice and clean and quick loading.

Ultimately, the best bet would be to have the guys that run the site, remove the flash ads.

I just set Firefox to allow pics from the originating page only. It didn't block the flash ads, but did kill everyone's avatars. :rolleyes:

The only thing is, as much as I like avatars, the site absolutely flies for me now. And I'm on a T1 line at work. Doh!

I have popups blocked, but the ads keep coming. Is there a Firefox extension to block ads regardless of whether they're popups or will I have to download a separate program?

It's easiest to find me on Facebook. Neil Bergman

Soundclick

fntstcsnd

Yikes! Even though the pages load in a flash, it took MP almost 11 seconds to begin loading the "you just posted" page and 8 seconds for the re-display of the thread. The actual load time is miniscule. Most of it is waiting for the MP computers, if I'm correctly identifying what is going on.

It's easiest to find me on Facebook. Neil Bergman

Soundclick

fntstcsnd

Excuse what may be an obvious point but some of this may also have to do with your location vis-a-vis Net traffic (although that wouldn't explain problems you encounter "only at this site").

For example, where I'm located (middle USA) all traffic's lighter in the early AM before the rest of the country gets online; once it gets to be mid-day everything slows w-a-y down.

Sometimes at Internet cafes, I can't access the site... it says I'm taking the wrong password, which works fine for me at work!

But that's their problem, really.. the computers also say I am "not authorized" to open documents I e-mailed to myself! Isn't that taking security a little TOO far??

Do I LOOK like a terrorist?

The site's always been kind of slow, but for the last few days it's been really bad. I've been getting "Cannot find server or DNS error" errors.

Also, I've been getting javascript errors relating to the "posted" dates that appear on the individual posts, as well as on the main forum page. There won't be a date/time listed - like when I'm looking at this page, there's usually a date above the individual posts. On Eric Iverson's post above, it just says "posted" with no date afterwards.

It's not simple to be simple.

-H. Matisse

Ross Precision Guitars

Archived