Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT:Can We Give Caevan a Helping Hand?

The Geoff

There's been a couple of disasters recently, some natural, others not, where the Forum & its Members have been quick to put their hands in their pockets and help out others.

Caevan's one of our own and he's had his own disaster. Now I'm not in the best position to help here, being in the UK, but I will certainly put my hand in my pocket to help him, if someone nearer to Caev is willing to step up and hold monies. Money isn't everything, but it can get repairs done quicker in a case like this.

I think, should we decide to do this, we need someone with a Paypal address, as this is the only way I, personally could contribute, along with many others.

Come on, Guys, what do you think?

Geoff

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the World will know Peace": Jimi Hendrix

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=738517&content=music

The Geoff - blame Caevan!!!

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think it should be someone geographically close to Caevan, and someone in whom he trusts. I'd be able to contribute only after the 16th.

"Without music, life would be a mistake."

--from 'Beyond Good and Evil', by Friedrich Nietzsche

My MySpace Space

Originally posted by A O'String:

Sounds like a great plan! We need someone who is in the New York area to handle the income and deliver it to Caevan. (Unless Caevan has his own account, in which case we could just have it go directly to him.)

Is Caevan in the NY area?

Wow, you're all great, that's so kind and toughtful of you. I'll be O.K. in the long-run, your good intentions are a LOT of comfort right now, please don't worry about any money-fund or anything like that, I'll be O.K. and could not in good conscience accept such a generous but unnecesary offer!

Please, do not be offended- I appreciate this very much- and I'll be able to be in touch now and then, from friends' places.

I'm almost embarrassed that I said anything, that I got you all stirred up on my behalf, I just needed to get some of it off my chest by posting that about the fire.

We'll probably be able to rebuild and move back in eventually, and nobody was in the house when it happened, other than possibly one of our cats and there's a good chance that he's O.K. though shaken up by all the chaos.

And, obviously this'll come up (and thanks, Gabriel!), my main favorite guitar- the LP sunburst- was with me somewhere else at the time (along with an amp and a few other items), and the other one with the P-90s suffered heat and smoke damages but can very likely be repaired. Most, if not all, of the music-gear I had in the house is probabluy alright, as well.

I was actually in a small recording studio in the middle of nowhere when this happened, hence my guitar and amp etc. being out of the house. I was playing along with my friend's 17 year old son who needed a drumming audition tape for an application to attend SUNY Purchase here in NY State.

Again, thank you all for the kindness and friendship!

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

Ah crap, I finally saw the thread where you 'splained what happened... so sorry to hear that Caev! :( I know other folks that's happened to and there are always little things you forget you don't have anymore until you need them. So if there's anything we can do, definitely don't hesitate to say! Sometimes it's the little stuff that matters most.

I'm just glad to hear you and your loved ones are OK and it even looks like most of your prized gear has survived. About the best you could hope for if something like that had to happen.

Yeah, I was gonna say, let's find out what he needs first. Insurance can be pretty good these days. Chances are, stuff of immediate need, clothes and such, can be donated by locals through organizations such as the Salvation Army.
"Cisco Kid, was a friend of mine"

Originally posted by Fumblyfingers:

Geoff B, very honorable mate...nice offer.

OT: BTW, I am sure you know Hank also played a Burns for a good while. I never knew about the Gretsch on Nivram.

yes, I know about the Burns guitars - I was around at the time (yes, I'm *that* old!! :D ).

I didn't know about the Gretch until a couple of months ago.

G.

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the World will know Peace": Jimi Hendrix

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=738517&content=music

The Geoff - blame Caevan!!!

Caev, you know our thoughts are with you and your family. Keep in touch with us. We want to know what is going on with your situation. Sure am happy that your LP was saved!!

bbach

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.

Originally posted by Billster:

Geez, I go away for a long weekend, and the shit goes down. :( Keep us posted if you need help/advice dealing with insurance peoples. I've been known to beat on those guys until they come around ;)

NOW THAT"S a great offer :thu::thu::thu:
Lynn G

Dang, you go away for a few days and crap like this happens. What happened to Caevan (Kevin)? From his post it sounds like a fire.

I hope you and yours are okay, Kevin. It sounds like most of your gear survived okay and that your familiy's alright (the most important thing).

Let me know if you need anything, dude. You are one of the staples of this forum. It will seem weird not reading your posts (I almost went into withdrawal in the last week, anyway).

Born on the Bayou

Archived