Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

I won't be able to post here too often for a while

Caevan O’Shite

I'm sorry to say that I won't be able to post here too often for a while.

My house caught fire today, and it's pretty bad, to say the least.

I don't mean to pan-handle for sympathy, it just is what it is and there's nothing I can do to change it and one result will be that I'll be much more scarce here for a while, maybe a good while. (I'm logged-in from a friend's PC right now.) And I've really enjoyed this place and all of you great folks, you've done me more good than you could know. Thank you.

See you here and there from time to time...

This probably seems really weird, I'm just very freaked out at the moment.

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My sympothy Caev. I trust your family is ok. There's really not a whole lot one can say except you've hit a defining moment. I believe you'll pull through this. Please let us know how things are going for you. Thanks for any advise you've given me.

Billy

you lost MATERIAL things but you're alive and your family is safe I hope... That's the really important thing in any fire - you can't believe how many people lose their lives or the lives of loved ones in a fire. I hope everyone is safe and healthy.
"well fellas... there's 1 other thing yer gonna need to make it in Rock & Roll besides all them guitars and amps and drums and things. They call it A SONG..."

Damn, Caevan - I'm so sorry to hear that - I hope your family is safe and sound. You'll be missed 'round these parts brother.
Go that way really fast.  If something gets in your way, turn.

Oh man Caveman! We just gotta have you around here. You get that insurance company to coff up for a new computer and cable internet right away! I take it no one was hurt? God damn man. Get back on your feet brother and get back to posting.

bbach

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.

I'm glad you're safe and nobody was hurt, good luck with everything. And I don't post around here so much but I read a lot and I've been reading a lot (even a while before I joined) and I've seen what you've done for everything around here. You will be missed.
Then you'll never hear surf music again...

Caevan, I don't know what to say. What is there to say? Since I don't see anything to the contrary, thank God that everyone is okay, no serious injuries then?

Caevan said,

This probably seems really weird, I'm just very freaked out at the moment.
to say the LEAST. I can't even imagine. We had acquaintences that had this happen to them and it was (of course) a major 'event' in their lives.

Keep the family safe, take care of business (BTO ;) ) and let us know what you can, when you can.

Our prayers will be with you. My wife is the strong prayer 'warrior' and I will let her know about your disaster.

Hang in there 'bro :cool:

Gotta' geetar... got the amp. There must be SOMEthing else I... "need".

I've lost everything in one fell swoop, and it takes a while to bite - you really end up having a grieving period - BUT - you are alive and I hope also your loved ones are well.

I'm so upset for you - you are a voice of fun & reason.

If there's something we can do to help then get back to a PC and let us know.

Love (in the best possible way)

Geoff

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the World will know Peace": Jimi Hendrix

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=738517&content=music

The Geoff - blame Caevan!!!

I'm so sorry. I know how hard it is to lose everything in a fire. Back in 1992, I lost everything I owned, in a fire. I was devastated. Being a very nostalgic person, I think the worst thing was losing my memories ( pictures, old recordings etc.). But, there is a light at the end of the tunnel.

Here I am years later, and everything has been replaced. Even my old dusty memories have been replaced with new ones (see the picture of my daughter off to the side). Now that day of the fire is long gone. You'll come out the other side, slowly replace the lost items and begin to acquire new memories. Everything will turn out ok. In the mean time, remember to lean on your friends and family for support. (That includes us! ;) )

Yo, Caveman...

Everyone made it out of the fire safely, I assume?

If so, you're a lucky guy.

Still, I think, even if there was a fire and my family made it out okay...there are irreplaceables. My most important irreplaceables are videos and pics of the kids when they were little. That's the kind of stuff you can't get back, and it would tear me apart to lose. That's the stuff that's gonna keep me company when I'm 85 (God willing I live that long).

Check in when you can. We're pulling for ya, bro!

"Cisco Kid, was a friend of mine"

Jeez. . .

When I was displaced by Katrina and had no idea if my gear was still around, you were kind enough to extend to me the offer of a Les Paul and amp on extended load.

So do you need an axe and amp? I have a nice PRS, a Frankenstrat and some cool Ibanez guitars. Also have a souped-up Sovtek Mig-50 and a Marshall/Tubeworks 3-channel rack rig.

PM me and I can drive it to you next weekend.

Best of luck,

Gabriel

"You never can vouch for your own consciousness." - Norman Mailer

Wow!

That's a real bummer! :eek:

I worry about fires all the timeand Im always checking and double checking that everything is right, whenever Im leaving my house.

As a kid, I remember seeing my father's restaurant go down in flames one night due to an electric short in the place next door.

It was pretty ugly...sifting through the rubble. :(

But no one was hurt...and eventually, the building was rebuilt, all brand new and shiny.

I'm sure it's a lot tougher when it is your home...but if everyone is well...then the rest can be rebuilt.

Anything you lost in the fire...well, it's always there in your mind and heart...though I know that's not easy to swallow right now....

Hang in there.

miroslav - miroslavmusic.com

"Just because it happened to you, it doesn't mean it's important."

I am really sorry to hear the news; I know that words can do little, but you have all my sympathy. I am a newcomer to this Forum, but I have come to appreciate your input, always so informed and also well balanced. I really wish you to be back to your usual life as soon as possibile.
Korg PA3X Pro 76 and Kronos 61, Roland G-70, Integra 7 and BK7-m, Casio PX-5S, Fender Stratocaster with Fralin pickups, Fender Stratocaster with Kinman pickups, 1965 Gibson SG Standard

Archived