Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

I won't be able to post here too often for a while

Caevan O’Shite

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Oh man so sorry to hear about that. Hope things can get settled for you in a hurry. This place will not be the same without your knowledge and wisdom.

Once I thought I saw you, in a crowded, hazy, bar........

Wow, you're all great, that's so kind and toughtful of you. I'll be O.K. in the long-run, your good intentions are a LOT of comfort right now, please don't worry about any money-fund or anything like that, I'll be O.K. and could not in good conscience accept such a generous but unnecesary offer!

Please, do not be offended- I appreciate this very much- and I'll be able to be in touch now and then, from friends' places.

I'm almost embarrassed that I said anything, that I got you all stirred up on my behalf, I just needed to get some of it off my chest by posting that about the fire.

We'll probably be able to rebuild and move back in eventually, and nobody was in the house when it happened, other than possibly one of our cats and there's a good chance that he's O.K. though shaken up by all the chaos.

And, obviously this'll come up (and thanks, Gabriel!), my main favorite guitar- the LP sunburst- was with me somewhere else at the time (along with an amp and a few other items), and the other one with the P-90s suffered heat and smoke damages but can very likely be repaired. Most, if not all, of the music-gear I had in the house is probabluy alright, as well.

I was actually in a small recording studio in the middle of nowhere when this happened, hence my guitar and amp etc. being out of the house. I was playing along with my friend's 17 year old son who needed a drumming audition tape for an application to attend SUNY Purchase here in NY State.

Again, thank you all for the kindness and friendship!

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

Caev! This is horrible! I hope you're OK, and like A String said, this will pass - that may be hard to envision right now. You are a mainstay here, and much beloved by all of us. Don't shut us out - let us try to help. I'm not terribly far away, and if you need something, we'll figure out a way to make that happen.

Meanwhile, calm down - it's hard to be thankful or feel lucky when tragic events hit, but we are here for you. When Juanita fell ill, and when I needed surgury, you guys were all there for us. You don't have to feel alone here. We want to help.

Never a DUH! moment! Well, almost never. OK, OK! Sometimes never!

What a shocking news!!! Hang in there bro, I wish you and yours all the courage necessary to pull through.

And in a totally selfish way: WE NEED YOU AROUND HERE (so hurry back as soon as you can)!!!

But seriously, as others have voiced, should you need anything, please let us help.

Caevan,

I'm truly sorry to hear about your loss. I'm glad that most, if not all, of your gear survived -- not to mention that you and your family are safe.

You are a scholar and a gentleman on this forum, and I assume everywhere else as well.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

:eek: Bloody hell!!! As said, if there's anything we can do to help! Can I make you a cup of tea (Hey, I'm English :D )

Joking aside, I'm glad you're here to tell us and nobody was inside. Take whatever time you need, just do come back, ok...!

Sending best thoughts...

Fa Fa FA Fa fa fa fa fa FA fa FA FA

My thoughts and prayers are with you. I do hope your life gets back to normal soon and your needs are met through insurance, etc.

God Bless :)

"Treat your wife with honor, respect, and understanding as you live together so that you can pray effectively as husband and wife." 1 Peter 3:7

Hey Caev-

Man I`m glad I checked in here, that`s way too close to home. Sendin much love to ya mon, you`ve got my prayers, I got your back. Whatever you need say the word, it`s on its way. I`m dealing with some weirdness, not in my personal life but also close to home. I was going to take some time away from here but glad I didn`t.

Same old surprises, brand new cliches-

Skipsounds on Soundclick:

www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandid=602491

Wow, Kevin. So sorry to hear this. I'm ecstatic, though, that your family was nowhere near this blaze and hopefully the cat did escape the devastation. That said, as the longtime host of those pics of your other babies (The LP's, of course!) I'm glad to hear at least one was out of harm's way and the other will be, on some level, usable again. Sorry to hear you won't have your P-90's in action for a while. :(

Keep on, keepin' on and if there is anything we can do for you and yours, just say the word.

Lately you begain PM'ing me quite a bit. I have to mention I'll miss having you around until everything settles and you have a chance to get your home life back on track.

Good luck & best wishes to you and your family and know you are in my prayers.

(PS - Sorry I didn't know about this until now. I rarely go online at home anymore. Damn dial-up. :freak: )

It's easiest to find me on Facebook. Neil Bergman

Soundclick

fntstcsnd

Wow, serious drag, but its great to hear youre Ok

Best wishes for a speedy rebuild.

Hang in there bro, you have the positive thinking of us all behind you :thu:

When i get big i'm gonn'a get an electric guitar...

When i get real big...

Very sad to read this bad news, but very GLAD that you all are safe and healthy. Can't begin to imagine what something like that is like. Please let us know if there's anything you need, we've got you covered.
I was born at night but I wasn't born last night...

Wow...I dont think I can say anything that hasnt already been said but I am truly sorry to hear about your loss and wish you and your family the best of luck in rebuilding after this truly unfortunate event.
YtseJam your Majesty!

Sorry about the bad news, Caevan. Its great that no one got hurt. All the best to you and your family.

Avoid playing the amplifier at a volume setting high enough to produce a distorted sound through the speaker-Fender Guitar Course-1966

I'm awfully sorry to hear of your loss and my prayers are with you and your family for a speedy recovery of your home.

I know you have much higher priorities than answering inquiries from forum members. If you should find some time in the future, I would be interested in how to wire up an 8 ohm dummy load which I could wire in parallel to my 8 ohm 15" external speaker cab to make it behave like 4 ohms and thus be compatible with my Fender Hot Rod Deville 2x12 amps external speaker jack. I believe I gave you my email address in my prior inquiry on this.

Again, I hope you and your family bounce back very soon from this horrible tragedy.

Damn, Kevin! That's absolutely awful. I can't think of many things that would suck more than for my house to catch fire.

It sounds like the important stuff came out relatively unscathed, though.

Shout if you need anything. :freak: ) for you.

Keep us posted about your situation. We'll keep the porch light on for you.

Born on the Bayou

Sorry to hear that Caevan, what a drag. I cant even imagion. but always keep your chin up buddy, it's a good thing the ones you love are safe!

I'll hope and pray for the best!

Archived