Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Suggestion?

Hardtail

I know we have a dedicated thread for soundclips to show off our chops.

However, Sometimes it would be nice if when I were working on a tune and had trouble with a part (like I can't figure out what chords are used) if I can put just that small bit on an MP3 file, throw it out in a new thread and get some feedback/help from the more experienced.

What's the general opinion on something like this?

Thanks.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The danger is to eventually get spam in disquise from people who ask a question about this or that when they really only want more peeps to listen to their music.

However, we're a smart bunch here and it would be pretty blatant. I'd say go for it!

I have a feeling some threads will be much more exciting with sound bytes.

Originally posted by HardTail:

I know we have a dedicated thread for soundclips to show off our chops.

However, Sometimes it would be nice if when I were working on a tune and had trouble with a part (like I can't figure out what chords are used) if I can put just that small bit on an MP3 file, throw it out in a new thread and get some feedback/help from the more experienced.

What's the general opinion on something like this?

Thanks.

I did that recently and received wonderful help. Just post a short clip and ask away... S.

Originally posted by Rhino Madness:

The danger is to eventually get spam in disquise from people who ask a question about this or that when they really only want more peeps to listen to their music.

So is it uncool to have a link to one's music as a signature, as myself and others do? If so I will be happy to remove mine.

Thanks guys. There's nothing specific I have in mind right now. It's more a general question. I will go ahead and post some sound-bites in the future.

I am working out a song right now. Having a Strat inspired me to do Jimi's "The Wind Cries Mary". I have the basic song structure down but still have to work out some of his verse fill-ins and the solo.

Archived