Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

GODINZILLA LOOKIE

Darklava

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Guitar Geezer:

Goth never went over well in Nashville - Did it Neil ;) (I don't care for Black Guitars much either)

You mean these guitars werent geared toward country musicians! :eek::D
YtseJam your Majesty!

Funny you should mention that. I've seen plenty of Goth kids around here. There are venues almost dedicated to them, often all ages clubs.

Plus, a certain guitar manufacturer based here had several goth versions of their more popular instruments 5 or 6 years ago. Of course, they were actually manufactured in Memphis, not Nashville. ;)

It's easiest to find me on Facebook. Neil Bergman

Soundclick

fntstcsnd

Originally posted by fantasticsound:

Funny you should mention that. I've seen plenty of Goth kids around here. There are venues almost dedicated to them, often all ages clubs.

Well who knows, maybe in a few years you'l see Metallica and Alice Cooper playing the Grand ol' Opry (probably your worst nightmare, right?) :D:freak:

YtseJam your Majesty!

That EMB has a nice shape'n stuff.

I had a black on black guitar in the late 80's - I'm not really into that look any more, but I wouldn't characterize it as ugly.

Kind of the equivalent of a devil's food chocolate donut with chocolate icing, but not as bad for you. :D

Just a pinch between the geek and chum

I dislike that black on black thing too.

I find it a bit childish, I guess ("I'm SUCH a badasss, maaan. Lookit my black guitar!") Yeah, right.

And anyway, IMHO it looks depressing and makes me want to use a dustcloth on the guitar to try to get the coal dust off.

I think the LG Signature is really sweet looking. I would have gassed for one too if it wasn't so heavy. The godin guys told me it's 12pounds. ouch

Pier.

Originally posted by Bullet Train to Osaka:

http://www.thomann.de/prodbilder/177493.jpg

speakin of godins, my guitar teacher just got that one, it was pretty sweet, i didnt get to plug it in though

* Godin Freeway Classic * Seagull M6 * Timothy S10J

Originally posted by Kramer Ferrington III.:

I find it a bit childish, I guess ("I'm SUCH a badasss, maaan. Lookit my black guitar!") Yeah, right.

Well except for CMDM ;)

Cause He IS Badass :wave:

Lynn G

Originally posted by Kramer Ferrington III.:

And anyway, IMHO it looks depressing and makes me want to use a dustcloth on the guitar to try to get the coal dust off.

Yeah!! I agree VINCE! lookin pretty nasty!

Originally posted by GuitarWolf:

Originally posted by fantasticsound:

Well who knows, maybe in a few years you'l see Metallica and Alice Cooper playing the Grand ol' Opry (probably your worst nightmare, right?) :D:freak:

:D

Actually, that would be cool but it will never happen. The GOO is an honest-to-goodness theater with built-in seating. Add to that most of the year the weekends are 20-some acts on Friday and Saturday night. They would never book a band in the space that would require the mass cleanup of a Metallica or Alice Cooper. (AC would be cool to see there, though. ;) ) Maybe Bruce Springsteen or Sting. :D

But now that you mention it, the Ryman Auditorium, which is historically known as the home of the GOO (Even though the current home has served longer.) has hosted some great rock.

Jeff Beck played there last year, and Wilco is there a week from Friday. Oasis on the 26th and, (god save us) R. Kelly is playing the Ryman on the 31st. :rolleyes:

Even Nashville's Country Institutions aren't just country anymore.

It's easiest to find me on Facebook. Neil Bergman

Soundclick

fntstcsnd

Archived