Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT: Why Lance and Sheryl Split

Pappy P

Looks like Lance didn't want to hang around. I'm not surprised that he would chicken out and leave Sheryl in her time of need. He definately has a history of that:

Sheryl Battles Cancer--Alone

Sheryl Crow's Cancer Fight

by Natalie Finn

Feb 24, 2006, 7:55 PM PT

Sheryl Crow says she is heading toward a full recovery from breast cancer surgery earlier this week.

News of Crow's cancer battle was broken Friday on her Website and confirmed by her publicist, Dave Tomberlin, who announced the 44-year-old singer-songwriter underwent successful surgery on Wednesday.

a d v e r t i s e m e n t

"Her doctors think her prognosis is excellent," Tomberlin said.

The nine-time Grammy winner, who described the procedure as "minimally invasive," will now begin precautionary radiation treatment, according to a statement on sherylcrow.com.

"I am joining the more than 200,000 women who will be diagnosed with breast cancer this year," Crow says on the site, adding the cancer was detected early.

"I am inspired by the brave women who have faced this battle before me and grateful for the support of family and friends."

To allow time for rest and recuperation, Crow has scrapped her North American tour, which was scheduled to kick off next month and run through April in support of her recent album, the Grammy-nominated Wildflower. Crow says she hopes to make up the dates as soon as possible.

Everyday in February must seem like a winding road to Crow. The cancer announcement comes exactly three weeks after she made public her split from Lance Armstrong.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Exactly not, unless there's some twisted inside joke between you two that the rest of us aren't privy to. You and Pappy are both valuable contributors here - so much so that I find your post to be out of character, just as I would if he or any other regular had issued it. This conduct is decidedly uncivil. Sorry if you're having a bad day!

If I have somehow misconstrued the intent of your statement, then I'll be happy to apologize once you've cleared it up for me, but please - no big words - I'm really dumb!

Never a DUH! moment! Well, almost never. OK, OK! Sometimes never!

I take issue with the accusation as to the nature of a celebrity split-up. I like Pappy, but...

Speculation about motivations is a sure fire problem starter. We have no idea what those people's relationship is like - NONE. Sheryl's publicist notwithstanding :rolleyes: .

So your comment "Was that really necessary?" could easily apply to the first post in this thread as well as the second.

Bill's point is well taken.

However, This is my Opinion of Why Lance and Sheryl broke up.

I've had this opinion of Lance since he left his first wife.

True I don't know what his true motivations were or the circumstances behind them.

I'm not faulting the guy too heavily for this. But it does seem that his competive nature calls him do drop any baggage that might slow him down.

Besides, I'm a big Sheryl Crow fan, I just assumed that there must've been something she saw in him that made him worthy of her affection.

True, it's none of my business, but I will allow myself to take the low path on this one.

Beside, I know I dropped my herion pipe down here on the floor somewhere.

:thu:

Bill,

I hope you realize that I perceived your question to Pappy as an attack. I couldn't care less what their breakup is about, but I'm sure some people still harbor a quiet grudge against Yoko Ono as to her possibly being pivotal in several amazing careers. I doubt Lance deserves such scorn but, no matter.

You're right: it's none of our damned business, but people DO have free speech here, and are entitled to air their opinions on topics that aren't improper. I would have come to your defense, should you have been insulted.

I hope this flare of indignation on our parts quietly goes away, and we all go back to being jovial guitar freaks, who enjoy the helpful and supportive community we're blessed to be a part of.

Originally posted by chad:

I just think it's ironic that right after I get married both Sheryl Crow and Heather Locklear get unattached...

Bravo - levity is exactly what this thread needs. :thu:

Regarding the stapp/kid rock thing

I like how the suit is for "invasion" of privacy. Looks more like an invasion of privates.

Hey if you're gonna play like that, ya gotsta pay like that.

People think that they can have it both ways like they can have some crazy extramarital sexual interlude, but not have to suffer any repercussions.

In this kinda game only Satan and the attorneys win after the smell of the sweaty sex dissipates

Originally posted by Billster:

Are you on heroin?

Duuuuude! I think the beeetter question to be asked here maaaan is are you on heri....Oh hey looooook maaaan, a giant flying puuuurple eeelephant wiiiith threee puuurpllee eyeees aaand Frank Zappa for taaail!
YtseJam your Majesty!

Never underestimate the significance of anywhat having Frank Zappa for a tail...

Besides, that pales in comparison with the description and narative someone once gave me of God's first prototype for a kangaroo. For real; words just fail.

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

Originally posted by 'Need a Name 4 St Patty's' O'Shite:

Never underestimate the significance of anywhat having Frank Zappa for a tail...

Besides, that pales in comparison with the description and narative someone once gave me of God's first prototype for a kangaroo. For real; words just fail.

:eek:

And just how did your conversation manage to wonder into this strange topic? Was it some crackhead that just started talking to you on the bus or what? :freak:

YtseJam your Majesty!

And just how did your conversation manage to wonder into this strange topic? Was it some crackhead that just started talking to you on the bus or what? :freak:

YtseJam your Majesty!

Originally posted by YzeCounsel:

Hey if you're gonna play like that, ya gotsta pay like that.

People think that they can have it both ways like they can have some crazy extramarital sexual interlude, but not have to suffer any repercussions.

Which means what, precisely?

I wasn't aware that the woman bringing in the lawsuit was married at the time. Do you know something we don't? I mean, that's what "extramarital" implies, right? And she's the one that's bringing the lawsuit now that the video has somehow arrived on the market. Presumably then, you are talking about "jane doe"? :confused:

Anyway, I really don't understand why you think that "if you're gonna play like that, ya gotsta pay like that".

Play like what, precisely? For example, I have photos of an ex girlfriend and I having sex twenty years ago. Somewhere. :rolleyes: I haven't dragged them out in all these years. And anyway, I'm not that sort of guy (ie a blackmailer)

So what is she "paying", exactly? What am I paying, for that matter? And I doubt very much that we're the only ones. Can you please explain your "cause and effect" trip a little more, please? I'm curious about how it would stack up, statistically.

Now, if Kid Rock & Co. are fading stars who now want to do a Tommy Lee, that's a different matter, but videoing yourself having sex is no fast path to anything in particular, believe me.

Originally posted by Kramer Ferrington III.:

I wasn't aware that the woman bringing in the lawsuit was married at the time.

Scott Stapp, former lead singer of Creed, was probably married at the time. I believe that's what YzeCounsel meant to imply.

Originally posted by chad:

I just think it's ironic that right after I get married both Sheryl Crow and Heather Locklear get unattached...

I emailed them both and asked them how they feel about older married men, but so far I've not had any replys.

bbach

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.

Originally posted by GuitarWolf:

Actually, it was hangin' around a bonfire with several people after a Living Color concert, conversatin' with a sort of a young stoner-individual who could be surpisingly wise or profoundly silly; he had come up under very, very hard, abusive conditions, yet was one of the nicest, gentlest, kindest, and level-headed people you'd ever meet.

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

This likely had nothing to do with my interest in dating her..

Actually I'm certain it didn't but it does make that much easier to accomplish.

I'll get back to you with how this works out.

.. anyone got her number?

I still think guitars are like shoes, but louder.

Heather Locklear would be like throwing a hotdog

down a dark hallway....but I'd give her a shot

I figure the odds be fifty fifty :love:

The story of life is quicker then the blink of an eye, the story of love is hello, goodbye.

Actually, it was hangin' around a bonfire with several people after a Living Color concert, conversatin' with a sort of a young stoner-individual who could be surpisingly wise or profoundly silly; he had come up under very, very hard, abusive conditions, yet was one of the nicest, gentlest, kindest, and level-headed people you'd ever meet.

Its definitely inspiring to meet people like that. How they manage to be so up-beat given their circumstances I dont know but its certainly a testament to the human spirit.
YtseJam your Majesty!

I usually don't like to post on off topic stuff to much but it is an interesting theory Pappy. I have doubts about that being the cause of the breakup however. I would think Lance would have some empathy since he is a cancer survivor himself.

Also, as much as I like Sheryl Crow's music, she is typical of stars these days and goes through lots of relationships. She has dated several famous people and broke up with them, so she isn't entirely innocent.

It would be horrible if Lance left her because of the cancer, I guess we will never know. Thats why I don't follow the tabloid press. But since I am a fan of both parties I have at least read the major news stories on this relationship.

Off topic, but its funny that Suburu is running the Sheryl Crow songs in ads now as that is a long standing Lance Armstong spot also. The ads must have been decided before the breakup.

better than having TV's Patrick Duffy for a leg :P
"I used to be "with it", but then they changed what "it" was! Now what I'm with isn't "it", and what is "it" is weird and scary to me. IT'LL HAPPEN TO YOU!" - Grampa Simpson

Archived