Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Vox modelling amp

Bluesape

I was jamming through an AD60VT, I think its called. I've known the owner a while, and he loves it. It also can run at 15 watts. It's prolly a cool amp once ya figure out the controls, but a dark stage isn't the best place to try one out. There was no pedalboard, so I was stuck with one setting at a time, which isn't all bad, but there was no switchable boost.

I was really missing my Zoom 606 sitting 3 feet away in my gig bag, for its easily accessed array of fx. I'm more impressed than I expected to be with this amp, but I wouldn't have it without the optional pedalboard. It DOES sound better than the smaller Line 6 stuff I've heard, but I think I still prefer the amp to deliver a good baseline sound, and to countour it from there with fx., but that's just me.

Never a DUH! moment! Well, almost never. OK, OK! Sometimes never!

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My buddy Garry bought one, but he didn't stay with it. He want back to his original rig. I'll have to ask him about it if I get back in touch with him. He also has a studio, does really nice work, and listens to things carefully.... much moreso than I. But I think that it had something to do with the characteristic of the effcets. But if you're a big fan of the Zoom, the Vox might be a step up. He bourght it over and wa showing me what akll that it would do... I have to admit that after a while my eyes glased over... there re a LOT of choices and options on that amp.

Now, the entire effects section is available as a pedalboard, if that might interest you.

Bill

"I believe that entertainment can aspire to be art, and can become art, but if you set out to make art you're an idiot."

Steve Martin

Show business: we're all here because we're not all there.

I'd need more time with it, Bill. The Zoom isn't everyone's favorite, but for its size and price, it's competitive. I'm sure it is surpassed by units far exceeding its price, and rightly so.
Never a DUH! moment! Well, almost never. OK, OK! Sometimes never!

Archived