Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

What do you do to get over a bad jam?

Trucks

Originally posted by Bluesape:

Far be it for me of all people to suggest that a thread has been beaten to death, but:

AAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

http://www.websmileys.com/sm/mad/boese088.gifhttp://www.websmileys.com/sm/violent/sterb015.gif

That's it Bluesape, back to your OT corner now! :mad:

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by flagshipmile:

Bad Jams?

I just break out the kazoo with reckless abandon and play super fast kazoo licks with the windows open.

Then I open all the blinds and walk around naked so the ladies can see what the ruckus is about.

i thought i was the only one that did that?!?!?!

you should see the mormon girls in my neighborhood freak out! :thu:

Years ago when confronted with this situation, I came across two solutions.

One was to jump off a bridge while sticking my head in the oven and blowing my brains out with a really big gun.

The other was to go to bed, get up in the morning, and go on with life.

Obsess over thngs that you can change.

"I believe that entertainment can aspire to be art, and can become art, but if you set out to make art you're an idiot."

Steve Martin

Show business: we're all here because we're not all there.

Originally posted by ellwood:

Volt Ohm Meter, checking continuity...ya at least 30 years old im thinkin it's a WIRLWIND MUSIC chord a great brand at that time.. I bet they are not even made anymore!

On one of the Hendrix dvd's I have(I think it's Live At the Isle Of Wight) he is playing through cabinets that say VOM on em'. I was always wondering what they were because I had never seen em' anywhere else. Thanks ellwood.

Originally posted by Kramer Ferrington III.:

I don't know how many bands start off with everyone hating each other.

Not that many, I'd say.

Cream definately, for one. Both Ginger Baker and Jack Bruce have gone on record saying they hated each other from the their pre-Cream Graham Bond Days.

Maybe not from the start but there have been lots of bands who's members were barely on speaking terms. Fleetwood Mac, due to relationship break-ups, and there's The Ramones...I'll do a bit more homework and get back to you.

Actually I've never had the experience of playing in a band with people I hated.

And rarely have I had to work with people I disliked, or at least closely enough for it to make any difference!

I guess I'm just not very good at hating people. Are there are any pointers you guys can give me, or am I just too old to change??

------------------------

Seriously, I can see a person being in a situation where he was hired as a sideman and had issues with someone, but if you're putting a band together, what possible reason could there be to join up with people whose company you don't enjoy? You don't necessarily have to be best buds, but if the other person drives you up a tree and you can't stand the sight of him.... the only solution I guess would be to 1) make sure there were trees handy and 2) play blindfolded!

Originally posted by Eric Iverson:

if you're putting a band together, what possible reason could there be to join up with people whose company you don't enjoy?

Well, that happens sometimes. One time we took on a singer that I found way too trendy for my taste, but she was good. She had the right image and look and everything so I went with it. I guess I was tired of playing with Beavis & Butthead types and never getting out of the garage.

And yeah, it was a pretty difficult relationship because I often felt she that she was pretentious and full of shit (and no doubt I came across as a boorish suburban boy) but it gave everything a sort of edge which came across well on stage. It took me months to accept her but I'm glad I did.

Yes, Kramer, you have a point. There are people I dearly love today that I didn't like at first... or at least, didn't understand!

That might be a lesson for all of us.. don't leap to wrong conclusions about people you don't even know.. after all, you don't want people to do that to YOU!

One song I've always loved said,

"I'm just a man whose intentions are good

Oh Lord please don't let me be misunderstood!"

Archived