Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

EPIPHONE: "typical representative of the Chinese art and culture"

Or so this Chinese eBayer claims.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7394990936&ru=http%3A%2F%2Fsearch.ebay.com%3A80%2F%2Fsearch%2Fsearch.dll%3Ffrom%3DR40%26satitle%3D7394990936%26fvi%3D1

This guy's pictures take a while to load up, but that's one gross guitar so it's worth the wait. If you are fonds of the Chinese culture, you can whack this beauty next to your priceless Ming vases.

Is it really an Epiphone?

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, that's reminiscent of an ESP body-style, and maybe a Schecter headstock...

At the very least, it's a copy of an ESP, and not particularly "Chinese" at all...

At the worst, it's possibly an out-and-out fraudulent claim.

(ESP is a Japanese company, and I believe that they may have some guitar-building facility in the US, as well. Nothing "Chinese" about it!)

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

Originally posted by Caevan_O'Shite:

Well, that's reminiscent of an ESP body-style, and maybe a Schecter headstock...

At the very least, it's a copy of an ESP, and not particularly "Chinese" at all...

Yeah, but that upper bout... so reminiscent of an old pervert's umbrella... **shudder**

Is this the same dude from before? like not too long ago? if so hes sold 173 things since then and his feedback is pretty good.

Hey Brax if you want that guitar, the body is almost exactly the same as an esp model like mentioned above.

http://img3.musiciansfriend.com/dbase/pics/products/0/3/4/273034.jpg

i dont really like it but if your interested, that ones a little ove 700 but they got cheaper models at half that

how the fuck is that a piece of Chinese "histrory"? Is it the ugliest, crappiest electric guitar ever made in China?

"Without music, life would be a mistake."

--from 'Beyond Good and Evil', by Friedrich Nietzsche

My MySpace Space

Originally posted by MILLO:

how the fuck is that a piece of Chinese "histrory"? Is it the ugliest, crappiest electric guitar ever made in China?

Its the first time in Chinese history that someones made a guitar that crappy or that ugly...
YtseJam your Majesty!

Hey, I happen to think that those ESP's look kinda cool in a nice dark Black Cherry translucent finish... for real, smilies or no smilies!

Hmmmnnn... I need to invent a "Black Cherry Cola Stainburst"...

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

Originally posted by Caevan_O'Shite:

Hey, I happen to think that those ESP's look kinda cool in a nice dark Black Cherry translucent finish... for real, smilies or no smilies!

Yes, but why stint yourself? I think the overall look would be improved by a roadkilled crow superglued to the body. And don't tell me that's not class. All those silly indie types just have these lameass stickers. A dead crow is real CRED, man!

Originally posted by Guitar Geezer:

Check out this piece of crap he has web page

It sorta makes you wonder how many ignorant people actually buy those things thinking they purchased a quality piece of merchandise.

"Duuuude! Its black and pointy, that means it must be goood quality!" :rolleyes:

YtseJam your Majesty!

Originally posted by GuitarWolf:

It sorta makes you wonder how many ignorant people actually buy those things thinking they actually bought themselves a quality piece of merchandise.

Yeah, and how many people don't scroll down and see what the postage costs are! :D

It doesn't seem like he's being swamped by desperate bidders. Maybe he should go back to the sandalwood fans.

well, what was it , 200 something euros for the shipping? from china... im not a post expert but i dont think its that bad of a price, its like a 200 euro guit and a 1.99 euro shipping anyhow =p
I Am But A Solution In Search Of A Problem.

Archived