Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Any Genz-Benz boys (or gals) in here?

Bbach1

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Me thinks I must have one of these. I hear their 412 cab is one of the best also. Ooof. Another heafty investment. How do I hide this one from the wife?

bbach

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.

Originally posted by Guitarzan:

apparently thier 2x12 cab kicks like a 4x12. the local manager was impressed by it when i asked him about the 2x12.

I've been kinda wondering why I think I need a 4x12 cab. I had been using a 1x12 combo for the last couple years. All of a sudden I have to make this giant leap. It's like some kinda disease.

bbach

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.

Just beware of the volume with the 4x12. I'm thinking of downgrading to a 2x12 to ease up a little while keeping a great tone. I'm getting tired of the compression induced by the HotPlate (at high reduction) and I don't want to get tied to earplugs all the time. I even started to use my Marshall cab in stereo so only one side is on so I can save a notch on the HotPlate. I'm also considering less efficient speakers (e.g. Greenbacks or G12H vs. Vintage 30) to further reduce the volume.

Yes for sure, that's one of the reasons I have the G12H's in my 1960A. It's not a problem with me because we get to play at high levels all the time in this long running gig. So the Greenbacks really get to open up with very little compression from the preamp. If I run too much preamp they will start to get buzzy though you are right!

Archived