Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT- Web Page Hosting

EmptinesOf Youth

hey guys, i want my own webpage thatll let me have a domain name something along the name "www.drosszro.com" or .net or whatever. Yahoo lets me register that name and creat a starter wepage for only 2.99 a year. I dont know how much room this starter page allows, im assuming its basically useless, but i want to be able to upload pics and songs. Anybody have any recommendations?

thanks to all =====>

ryan

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I use services from a company called Interland. I started with WIPC that was bought out by them -my hosting account transferred over to them.

http://www.interland.com/

http://www.networksolutions.com/

Definitley start with a free or very cheap account and then figure out if you need more resources/services and then upgrade or migrate.

"Spend all day doing nothing

But we sure do it well" - Huck Johns from 'Oh Yeah'

Click to Listen to Oh yeah

Originally posted by Bullet Train to Osaka:

i suppose to get the ability of uploading songs and pic i want to get the hosting services? not the domain one?im kinda confunsed

Well, what you do is either get a domain or have it transferred to them then buy hosting services from them and assign your domain to that. If you let them maintain your domain for you, they will tie all together for you.

I've been very pleased with their services. I've had my domain with them for over 5 years. No complaints.

Born on the Bayou

You really don't have to pay for hosting unless your site is business related ie. making money.

Register your domain name (www.whatever.com) and you will pay a small fee that will cover you for a few years. Then check out free hosting sites (Google free domain hosting).

Once you find one you like, they will help you upload your webpages and store them for free.

I helped a friend of mine set up a webpage at a place that registered his domain name for $28 (2 years) and hosted his site for free. I'll see if I can dig up the URL for you.

GoDaddy charges $2 for domain registration. Their lowest cost hosting is $3 a month and you get a pretty good setup for that (pop3 email, ftp/web space, 250GB traffic a month and even CGI services).

I guess it depends on whether you want just a site to host pictures or if you want to actually use it for a web site.

Born on the Bayou

Archived