Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

You won't believe this video

Guitar Geezer

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by rw2003:

Isn't that Donny playing bass (with a pick) and singing the choruses???

That's Merrill. Donny is making the horse sounds on the keyboard.

The Osmonds RULE. :D:thu:

I had most of their albums growing up. Crazy Horses is their best album.

A Jazz/Chord Melody Master-my former instructor www.robertconti.com

(FKA GuitarPlayerSoCal)

Originally posted by Guitar Geezer:

I did not realize that Dazed was originally a Yardbirds tune. (OK OK I know it's really a trad. blues thing) ;)

IIRC, Led Zep was basically a sort of continuation of the Yardbirds, Jimmy Page being the last birdman standing and having some concert dates to play.

Originally posted by LoneWolf:

Originally posted by Bullet Train to Osaka:

http://www.wimp.com/bass/

speaking of videos...just stumbled across this

What the heck are those pink and black things the guitarist has wrapped around his neck?
That is a wonderful Wooten Bros. video. I've worked with Reggie a few times. Those would be elastic hair ties normally used to hold your hair in a ponytail. He uses them to mute open strings when he's tapping as well as to change the resonant frequency of the "open" string. It may be muted but it still makes some sound.

It's easiest to find me on Facebook. Neil Bergman

Soundclick

fntstcsnd

What a great video... I now see the Osmonds in a whole 'nother light!

Great choreography! Definitely an influence on some future rock bands/lead singers...

Who's playing the drums??? Anybody notice that there a drum kit on the right side of the set with NO drummer? At least their guitars were plugged in!!!

Originally posted by LPCustom:

I was amazed that Donny wasn't singing on that. (I thought he did all their singing. BWDIK? :rolleyes: )

Isn't that Donny playing bass (with a pick) and singing the choruses???
I think that was Donny on the keyboards. He's the youngest of the group.

Born on the Bayou

I tried to find who plays what without a lot of success, but did find this site that has mistaken lyrics.

http://www.amiright.com/misheard/artist/osmonds.shtml

Crazy Horses came out to some as "crazy whore says" or "crazy horse says".

Raise your children and spoil your grandchildren. Spoil your children and raise your grandchildren.

Originally posted by Kramer Ferrington III.:

I did not realize that Dazed was originally a Yardbirds tune. (OK OK I know it's really a trad. blues thing) ;)

IIRC, Led Zep was basically a sort of continuation of the Yardbirds, Jimmy Page being the last birdman standing and having some concert dates to play.
Didn't Page want to orignally call Led Zep the New Yardbirds?

"Spend all day doing nothing

But we sure do it well" - Huck Johns from 'Oh Yeah'

Click to Listen to Oh yeah

Originally posted by Kramer Ferrington III.:

Didn't Page want to orignally call Led Zep the New Yardbirds?
Right before their 1st record came out they played a few Scandanavian dates as the New Yardbirds due to contractual obligations, then took the Led Zeppelin name permanantly. They also played one show billed as the Nobs, because of a meeting with a relative of the guy who invented the zeppelin(his last name was von Zeppelin). Story goes that this lady was cool with meeting the band until she saw their 1st record cover and flipped. Out of respect, they played the show billed as the Nobs.

Avoid playing the amplifier at a volume setting high enough to produce a distorted sound through the speaker-Fender Guitar Course-1966

Originally posted by Bullet Train to Osaka:

from what ive hear zeppelin got there name cause someone from the who (roger or pete i think) was makin fun of them and said "you guys are goin down like a lead zeppelin"...maybe you guys know this or maybe im completely wrong.

That's pretty much the story that I have always heard and read. Supposedly the remark was made by either Keith Moon or Pete.

Avoid playing the amplifier at a volume setting high enough to produce a distorted sound through the speaker-Fender Guitar Course-1966

Archived