Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue - 112

miroslav

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No but friday I'll be going to GC and trying

one out,I'm eyeballin one right now, Gc 1yr same as cash.I had a 1x12 hot rod I didn't care for those so I hope it don't sound like those.

vox has a 15watt on sale for 550.00 try that one too.

The story of life is quicker then the blink of an eye, the story of love is hello, goodbye.

Well...they describe the Blues Deluxe as a step back in time to a more retro/blues sound than what the Hot Rod series give you.

These modern versions of vintage Fender amps from the '50s customized those designs with channel switching and reverb while retaining the vintage style and tone. When the series was updated, the extremely popular Hot Rod series was born and became a new standard in tube amplification. Now Fender has brought back the Blues designs to satisfy the increasing number of enthusiasts who continue to request the warm tone, unique circuitry, and vintage-style features and look of the original versions.
It's got me interested...it could be the sound I'm looking for in a not-too-expensive combo....though I wish they had a smaller version...something in a 15W, but not the Blues Jr. ...though maybe they sound alike...???

I like the tweed cabinet...and I don't know if the amp voicing of the Blues Jr is the same as the Blues Deluxe...just less power...???

miroslav - miroslavmusic.com

"Just because it happened to you, it doesn't mean it's important."

I was afraid to go off Topic but since Darklava mentioned the Hot Rod I've got to tell you about it.

I played the Fender Hot Rod Deluxe at GC.

It's a nice amp. Channel one is a nice full clean, not wimpy at all. Channel two is a nice warm overdrive. Channel 3 adds a whole lot of gain but it is still clear and articulate. Reverd is good too.

I know this doesn't answer you question but in case you haven't played them side by side.

I leaning more towards the fender than the Mesa because the fender has fewer controls and costs less and sounds just as good. IMHO

I just bought a Bronx 112, a Blues Deluxe clone for about half the price, will be putting it to the test next rehearsal (picking it up on Tuesday or Wednesday = rehearsal day)

basically it's a Blues Deluxe, but in black like the HotRod's, a little more compact in size, but heavier due to the HUGE speaker magnet (The Governor)

I'll probably use it the same way I used my Hotrod and Blues Deville's before:

DRIVE channel only, 'master volume' maxed out and control volume with the 'Gain' pot (usually not more than about 2 - 3) - overdrive from my T-Rex DrSwamp, EQ, err, unless really extreme things happened to it during transport (like bass an mids all 0 and treble and presence max) I never even looked at them... never sounded bad either

- due to recent cutbacks, the light at the end of the tunnel has been SWITCHED OFF

www.bronxamps.com

endorsed by Blues Saraceno - I did get a real good deal, it had been sitting in the shop for way too long and the owner is a friend of mine, so he let me have it REAL cheap

- due to recent cutbacks, the light at the end of the tunnel has been SWITCHED OFF

Hey Miroslav:

I did a little research, the Hot Rod's are related to the Blues amps. Apparently the Hot Rod was the next generation of the Blues amp. I should've known that's why they look similar.

I need to play one to see which one I like better.

I'm sure it can't be bad to have one of each.

Originally posted by Pappadopalus:

I'm sure it can't be bad to have one of each.

Now THAT would be self-indulgent...almost piggish. :D

I kinda crossed that line when I got my second Traynorthough there is a big tonal difference between my vintage Mark 3 and the newer YCV40WR.

But getting a Hot Rod Deluxe and a Blues Deluxemight be pushing it! ;)

But I've seen a couple tweed Blues JRs on eBay...and one of them along with a Hot Rod...or maybe a...

...OK...OK...get a grip DUDE!!!

Ahhhh....there....I'm feeling better now....the GAS attack has passed...for the moment.

miroslav - miroslavmusic.com

"Just because it happened to you, it doesn't mean it's important."

Archived