Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Why is Rock Music So Loud?

Dr. Ellwood

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I wonder how may professional musician's have extream hearing loss? I know that a lot of them are nearly deaf Ted Nuget Pete from the Who are both almost deaf. I do not see how you can play that loud without ruining your ears. I use earplugs all the time as I don't want to loss my hearing. Thats one reason why I got a 5watt amp, even that gets too loud. I wont give up my Marshall but I can't stand it at even half volume. :evil:

Originally posted by BadLife:

I wonder how may professional musician's have extream hearing loss? I know that a lot of them are nearly deaf Ted Nuget Pete from the Who are both almost deaf. I do not see how you can play that loud without ruining your ears. I use earplugs all the time as I don't want to loss my hearing. Thats one reason why I got a 5watt amp, even that gets too loud. I wont give up my Marshall but I can't stand it at even half volume. :evil:

I wonder this too about pro musicians who gig 100+ shows each year. I know they are behind the PA stacks but the stage volume has to be high as well... between drums, amps and monitors.

What about bartenders and other workers who are in these rock clubs 5+ nights a week???

"Spend all day doing nothing

But we sure do it well" - Huck Johns from 'Oh Yeah'

Click to Listen to Oh yeah

Rock music is "so loud" because quite frankly that's the only way to listen to rock-n-roll.

Listening to RR at low volumes is simply boring.

Not that I advocate speeding or have ever driven a sports car at high speeds, but NOT listening to RR "loudly" would be like driving a ferrari no faster than 55 MPH. :P

God Bless :wave:

"Treat your wife with honor, respect, and understanding as you live together so that you can pray effectively as husband and wife." 1 Peter 3:7

Archived