Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Reverend on eBay UK

The Geoff

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Geoff B.:

Thought some might be interested in this .

Geoff

I'm definitely keeping an eye on. I'm curious to see what it'll fetch.

The ad was also good for putting me onto Kent Armstrong pickups. They make lipstick pickups but I'd never heard of them before. I thought Seymour Duncan were the only ones who did.

Kent Armstrong is a name that's held a good place in the "industry" for decades, really; and if memory serves me, Dave Wendler ("Dave251") uses Kent Armstrong pickups for the magnetic element of his proprietary MagPi-system on his Electrocoustic models.

He probably knew Nat Daniels, the guy behind Danelectro; all around it's not a matter of whether or not a pickup of his is good, just a matter of personal taste with a given example.

Sorry to highjack your thread there, I'll get off the podium now!

Whoa, that is a cool and interesting guitar; wish it was in a shop I was loitering around in, I'd be compelled to take it down off the rack and check it out most thoroughly. If it's quite what it's cracked up to be, I might even have had to walk out of said imaginary shop with this Rev' under my arm and a lighter wallet!

I have to chuckle over the evident inevitable minutiae of ALL things guitar, what with the "Eastpoint Neck" references and "Pre-CBS-Fender"-like perspective on the earlier USA-made Rev's... :cool:

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

Originally posted by Caevan_O'Shite:

He probably knew Nat Daniels, the guy behind Danelectro; all around it's not a matter of whether or not a pickup of his is good, just a matter of personal taste with a given example.

That's interesting 'cause after I finish changing all the pups on the baritone, I have another Dano that I want to do up and it'd be cool if it had a different sound. Their hotted up pickups look like the ticket.

Vince have a look at This and see what you think.

I have dealt with Jay several times and the stuff is Good Enough. I have also found his postage and delivery very prompt - 2 - 4 days, whereas StewMac always seems to take 10 days.

Geoff

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the World will know Peace": Jimi Hendrix

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=738517&content=music

The Geoff - blame Caevan!!!

Vince have a look at This and see what you think.

I have dealt with Jay several times and the stuff is Good Enough. I have also found his postage and delivery very prompt - 2 - 4 days, whereas StewMac always seems to take 10 days.

Geoff

Let me guess this right... "Jay" = "Mr. Bareknuckle?"

The stuff on the link is interesting, but I'd have to route out the guitar (Strat lipsticks are larger than Dano lipsticks). Thanks anyway! :)

And I wouldn't be too hard to StewMac. They ARE on the other side of the pond :)

No, Jay = Mr GFS - Guitar Fetish, also on the other side of the pond.

I've seen narrow lipsticks on Sammick guitars - I wonder who's those are?

G.

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the World will know Peace": Jimi Hendrix

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=738517&content=music

The Geoff - blame Caevan!!!

No, Jay = Mr GFS - Guitar Fetish, also on the other side of the pond.

Ohhh... ok. Gotcha.

I've seen narrow lipsticks on Sammick guitars - I wonder who's those are?

Maybe their own? They make guitars for others, maybe they make the pickups too?

Archived