Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Any of you fellers or gals played thu the V30H?

Bbach1

I'm taking a peak at a Crate V30H tube head with a 2x12 cab. Seems like a lot of bang for the buck. Wondering if any of you have tried em. Seems like they hit the cleans like Fender and the dirt like Marshall. I think I'm kinda likin it. Wouldn't mind some input. At $900 for the set up it beats the hell out of any boutique amp price. Opinions? Thx.

bbach

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't find a whole lot of reviews on these things. HC has a couple reviews on some older models mostly bought used.

I found I only seem to need two channels and I do love spring reverb and just gotta have that tube tone. They certainly sound nice in the store. I'm wondering if the 30 is enough. Interestingly, they don't make a 50 in the V series unless I go to a combo. Then I lose the spring reverb.

bbach

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.

You know, I went to GC a month ago and tried out some Mesa Boogie Lonestars.

I remember thinking the Lonestar had a pretty nice clean sound, but the distorted sound was too compressed and muddy for me.

Then I plugged into some Crate 30 watter or 40 watter combo, not sure. It had a WAY better clean tone and the distorted tone was nicer too. Strange I thought, I am sure it was cheaper. It was class A too. Maybe it was one of the amps you are describing.

Crate? mmmmmmm I don't know....you sure?

I've had nothing but bad luck with the crate

vintage line or any tube amp for that matter

made buy Crate.They all did the same thing cut out right in the middle of a gig or practice.

Maybe they over heated or what I don't know but

I ended up taking them all back.Good luck :confused:

The story of life is quicker then the blink of an eye, the story of love is hello, goodbye.

Archived