Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

2 Valve Juniors

Junior 1

I have an unmodded valve junior and was going to build a 12" cab for it. By the time I was done, it would cost a little less than a second valve junior, so my question to more expierienced valve users is, will 2 valve juniors running from a splitter out of the back of a Digitech RP50 sound better than a 12" cabinet ?

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you were going to use the RP50 anyways with just one amp, I think you'll dig how it'll sound in stereo. And the spread will be cool, too.

If you wouldn't otherwise use the RP50, either find a simpler, better way to split the signal between the two amps (at least an "A/B/Y"-box) and get a second VJ, or go with your original plan of putting the VJ chassis into another cab and all.

Let us know how you make out, keep us posted! :cool:

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

Thanks, I think I'll go with the 2 Valve Juniors. I've just gotten back to playing guitar after 35 years! Time flys! I have a Mexican Strat and a Gretsch Junior and both sound great with the VJ. It's amazing what you can buy today compared to what we had to spend way back when. The VJ does hum quite a bit, and I read about the mods, but I found the best way to forget about the hum was to just play! Even if your not to good, like me.

I have two Valve Juniors already. They sound okay when you drive both through a Y box. But with the small speakers, they just don't sound that good.

I have an almost finished cabinet with 2x10s in it (Celestion Tube 10s) and hook one of the VJs up to that. It sounds much better. It finally has some bottom to it and the mids aren't as brassy.

I'll post some pictures of that cab once my wife gets back from Brazil (she has our camera).

Born on the Bayou

Archived