Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

so what have you outgrown?

BillWelcome Home Studios

Just thinking, after looking around, how many things that we each must own that we no longer use or think about, but that someone else on the forum might want. What musical devices have -you- outgrown, that you would not mind selling, trading, or giving to forumites that might need them, or things that are more appropriate for beginners and you will never use again? Flea market, anyone????

Bill

"I believe that entertainment can aspire to be art, and can become art, but if you set out to make art you're an idiot."

Steve Martin

Show business: we're all here because we're not all there.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I kinda' did a little "spring cleaning" in my studio last fall. :)

And then I sold that bunch of odds-n-ends on eBay...raised enough cash to turn around buy my Sebatron 4000e 4-channel tube preamp. :thu:

I still have some stuff that I haven't been using much...though I'm not quite ready to part with...but I may do some more "spring cleaning this spring! :D

miroslav - miroslavmusic.com

"Just because it happened to you, it doesn't mean it's important."

se, that is it.. I mean, I was cleaning out the studio before I moved last year, and I threw away tons of stuff. Boxes of pickup rings, switches, pots, screws.... cables, other odd accessories.... I mean, I found 5 string winders. I don't USE string winders!!!! I don't remember ever buying them, so ..... empty effects boxes that I had stollen parts from, ... adapters, .....

I just gave away an RP-200. I threw that Zoom 505 away last year. stuff is just everywhere.

Bill

"I believe that entertainment can aspire to be art, and can become art, but if you set out to make art you're an idiot."

Steve Martin

I just recently gave away a bunch of stuff. I don't ever throw anything away if somebody somewhere can use it. I gave away an old metronome, two old chromatic tuners, a box of Fender Bullet .009's (10 sets) because I use .10's on my electrics, and some other odds and ends like method books I used when I was teaching, etc.

"And so I definitely, when I have a daughter, I have a lot of good advice for her."

~Paris Hilton

BWAAAHAAAHAAHAAA!!!

Originally posted by hamburglar:

I wish I had a string winder... ...

Unfortunately, it would cost more to sent it to you than they cost!

Bill

Steve Martin

Originally posted by Bill@Welcome Home Studios:

Originally posted by hamburglar:

I wish I had a string winder... ...

Unfortunately, it would cost more to sent it to you than they cost!

Bill

yeah I know.. I was really talking about my laziness.. there is a music shop not too far away... I just need to get off my arse and go..
Eat a Peach for Peace..........

"So what have you outgrown?"

Oh, maybe an old (ailing) Rockman, but that's about it, gear-wise... at least, as far as gear I still have floating around that I'll probably never have any real interest in using again...

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

I`ve been thinking about selling my ART SGX-2000 with the software upgrade chip and X-15 floor pedal but it would have to wait till summer, it`s back stateside. I wouldn`t mind keeping it too but there`s two pieces of gear that I really want/need, so more financial fuel is in order.

There`s my pedal driver, got that one with me. I forget how many outlets, four or six. There`s my acoustic, handmade in Phillipines. It suffered some damage from climate change but is still playable, the action is high on the high frets but string tention is very easy, intonation is still in. Could let that one go really cheap.

Same old surprises, brand new cliches-

Skipsounds on Soundclick:

www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandid=602491

Originally posted by Scatterbrain:

boss gt-6...marshall guvnor II pedal, ibanez gsa60...agile 2500 with p90s...seinheisser e609 mic...cables...crate mx65r ss amp....wouldnt miss any of them...maybe the gt-6 a little...but thats it

See, now you have a trove of things that you could probably pass on to beginner or other forum members, even for reasonable ducats.

On a seperate note, I gave a 609 to my brother after trying and failing to be happy with it.

Bill

Steve Martin

Hey A String

I have an old

http://www.rocknrollvintage.com/prodimages/1970

That was given to me by Darklava, I don't use it and will send it to Ya (I don't think Lava will mind)

Kinda like the "Traveling Guitar Forum Black Finger Award" ;) Edit:

DONE!!!!

(still can't get the image to work)

Lynn G

Originally posted by MILLO:

one too many jeans... I don't think I'll ever be size 30 again :( .

That's funny, but I can remember saving my 28s and 29s when I had 'ballooned' to a 30, thinking that I would get into them again. Yeah, maybe one leg. I was a 34 forever, then I was injured and had multiple knee surguries, shot up to a 38. Back at a reasonable (for my height) 36, but I'm still longing for those days with the waist at 34....

:eek:

Bill

Steve Martin

Originally posted by Scatterbrain:

boss gt-6...marshall guvnor II pedal, ibanez gsa60...agile 2500 with p90s...seinheisser e609 mic...cables...crate mx65r ss amp....wouldnt miss any of them...maybe the gt-6 a little...but thats it

Really... You don't like the Agile?

I'd love to check that out. Won't be in Chicago again until mid-summer, though. :(

It's easiest to find me on Facebook. Neil Bergman

Soundclick

fntstcsnd

its a sweet looking guitar and it plays awesome. I just dont dig the p90s, i like it for clean but i like my ibanez for that more. Plus it needs new pots theyre really scratchy, otherwise an awesome guitar, it looks nice hanging up which is probably the only reason ive kept it so long.

Archived