Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

fantasy camp TV show...

hamburglar

I dont know if this is appropriate for this forum and I apologize if it is not but I thought some of you might be interested in checking it out...

The Learning Channel, TLC, is airing a 2 hour show on the Rock and Roll Fantasy Camp (yes the one that costs more than 8 grand) looks interesting.. its on tonight and will show again tomorrow and the 5th of march I think..

I will try to add a link to the tv listings...

TLC fantasy camp TV listings

Eat a Peach for Peace..........

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd like to hear about that doco. I notice that those band camps show pictures of the star attendees in their prime. In the case of a Roger Daltrey pic one camp used, the photo was about 30 years old.

So I wonder what attitude the show will take? Will they describe it as a ripoff or will it come over all indulgent like?

Originally posted by Kramer Ferrington III.:

So I wonder what attitude the show will take? Will they describe it as a ripoff or will it come over all indulgent like?

Why does it have to be either one? Why not just shopw folks having fun living out a dream?

Always remember that you are unique. Just like everyone else.

Originally posted by Kramer Ferrington III.:

Why does it have to be either one? Why not just show folks having fun living out a dream?

Always remember that you are unique. Just like everyone else.

Originally posted by Picker:

Why not just shopw folks having fun living out a dream?

Because it's not free, I suppose. If you're going to plonk down money for the camp and you're not going to learn much...

Well, look. I'm not fussed either way: it's not my money and it's not my however many days it lasts. You're right.

I'm just curious about what slant the show's producers will take (and docos always have some sort of slant). I could see it getting all tabloidy and "expose". Or it could get all misty eyed. I wonder which.

I actually saw that on tv last night. As far as the musicians attending the fantasy camp are concerned, none are really that good and the bands the formed sounded like everyone playing their own thing(it didnt really mesh well). Roger Daltrey and Nils Lofgren both showed up and offered these people help with their songs and they jammed with the bands, which was cool. I thought the best part of the show had to be right before they cut to a commercial. They would ask real "rock-stars" and established musicians a bunch of questions. I think a few were who is your rock n roll idol, first album you ever bought,what made you want to start playing music, stuff like that(Meet The Beatles, John Lennon,and The Beatles were all very popular answers).

This show really didnt do too much for me, but I guess it was cool seeing some rockstars helpin out some common-folk, no matter how much compensation they are recieving for it. :D

Archived