Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Soundtrack

Fumblyfingers

I just watched Elizabethtown, sat down with the missus and did the afternoon movie thing here at the house while she putzed with stuff and I noodled on the guitfiddle.

I was really quite taken with the soundtrack and the written for the film music especially. Mellow but good, lots of acoustic stuff. I had not noticed the composer at the opening credits so was curious to see who it was.....Nancy Wilson. Nice work, maybe just my mood at the time but I enjoyed it. A different style and not as technically brilliant as, but I got the same vibe off it as I got hearing Ry Cooders work on Paris, Texas the first time.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Is it just me, or does anyone else notice that there seems to be mo' bettah music in film-soundtracks and even in advertisements on TV than in the songs on radio or MTV-type channels?

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

Originally posted by Caevan_O'Shite:

Is it just me, or does anyone else notice that there seems to be mo' bettah music in film-soundtracks and even in advertisements on TV than on radio or MTV-type channels?

I totally know what you mean!

Well that in no small part explains how she got the gig....well to a degree. No offense intended, she did a fantastic job, however I was surprised to see that a somewhat not so today-visible rock musician got that gig. Now I see how. I expect to see the Rabin's, Knopflers, Elfman's etc doing this stuff. Nice to see though.

Besides, there is no way she could have taken that job all the way really, if the big money did not think she could cut the mustard. She truly delivered the goods. I see more of this type of work now in her future.....hot damn, I am envious!

Archived