Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Stoned in Rio

LeftyBlues

Saturday night, just Mick and Keef and crew...and a million or so fans! It was a free show on Copocabana beach, ifn's ya wants to see it go to http://music.aol.com/network_live/concert_videos/rolling_stones/ondemand

I recommend "Miss You" just to see the moving "B" stage. God I love this band!!!

L.B.

I was born at night but I wasn't born last night...

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Woah,not to be negative but I gotta say that in the clips I watched the backing vox were really bad in places, Mick's vox were really dry and the overall mix was awful. I dig the Stone's, always have but this seems like a gig I would not really want out there as representative. What I listened to anyway.

Got to check out some more when I get time.

Originally posted by FumbleFingers:

Woah,not to be negative but I gotta say that in the clips I watched the backing vox were really bad in places, Mick's vox were really dry and the overall mix was awful. I dig the Stone's, always have but this seems like a gig I would not really want out there as representative. What I listened to anyway.

Got to check out some more when I get time.

Roger that, I only had time (at work) to watch "Miss You" for the moving stage. It did sound pretty bad sound-wise, but I could care less, it's the Stones. "Those who don't go....don't know". I could see them 3 times a week and never get tired of it, what a blast. The lady next to me at the Baltimore show said "Elton John plays for 3 hours" to which I replied, "but he's sitting down". I wanted to add "and his music sucks" but I behaved.
I was born at night but I wasn't born last night...

It's comforting to know sound/venue problems even happen to the Stones! These guys just make me smile when I see them play! What a great group they are! The Rolling Stones are the only true Superstar Rock and Roll band on the face of the earth period!! NO band ever has had a run like them, to this day they fill huge venues all over the world and sell out almost immediately every time they decide to tour. Geezzz I love that band too!! :thu: and what a show they put on, watching and listening to rock and roll legends the music the people it's just the greatest. Rock on old dudes nobody's gonna catch ya EVER!!!!

I just watched "Jumpin' Jack Flash"

The blurb on the side read:

"Dense, upbeat instrumentation and Mick Jagger's stylized delivery mask a lyrical tale of desolation and violence."

Let me translate for you:

"Dense, upbeat instrumentation" = SLOPPY PLAYING

"Jagger's stylized delivery" = BAD SINGING

"a lyrical tale of desolation and violence" = DOES ANYBODY KNOW WTF THIS SONG IS ABOUT?

Aww..I'm just kidding - LOVE The Stones!!!

Originally posted by Guitar55:

I just watched "Jumpin' Jack Flash"

The blurb on the side read:

"Dense, upbeat instrumentation and Mick Jagger's stylized delivery mask a lyrical tale of desolation and violence."

Let me translate for you:

"Dense, upbeat instrumentation" = SLOPPY PLAYING

"Jagger's stylized delivery" = BAD SINGING

"a lyrical tale of desolation and violence" = DOES ANYBODY KNOW WTF THIS SONG IS ABOUT?

Aww..I'm just kidding - LOVE The Stones!!!

:D:thu:

Archived