Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

To all my friends on the guitar forum...

Tedster

I'm not a moderator here. No one here is more aware of that than I am.

That said, I've been here quite awhile. I've seen folks come and go. Nice folks, mostly. A few moody ones. And, sadly, a few out-and-out trolls.

I'd like to think that most of us here, if we met face to face, would shake hands, maybe even hug, laugh, sit down, drink a beer, and talk with each other.

There's a guy who hardly ever (if ever) posted here. He posted mostly on Craig's old forum. Had an interesting turn of the phrase...an interesting way of putting things. A lot of people thought he was a troll and snubbed him, or said rather unkind things about him. He stuck around...and, y'know, it got to the point where we all sorta liked his quirky angle on things.

There have been a few people who have drawn well-deserved fire...people who have gone out of their way to be difficult. Bralala and Jazz for two.

All I'm asking here is to give everyone an equal chance. Some come in from other areas of the forum...not knowing the particular etiquette of a given forum. My point, be kind. Nothing wrong with being kind. Listen to what someone has to say, even if it's in a quirky way, before you judge that person. Everyone has a right to be here, from the 15 year old beginner to the seasoned pro. Let's do our best to make everyone feel at home, okay, guys?

"Cisco Kid, was a friend of mine"

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, I suppose I should admit, as a newbie, to maybe taking the odd pot shot here and there.So I will refrain myself. Nice Tedster. The Voice of Reason.

I for one would like to go for a beer with y'all, come to think of it how 'bout at a club where we can all jam together.

Sorta on that subject, there is another forum that has a section where someone posts a backing track and anyone who wants has a crack at soloing over it. Anything like that go on here or is it not encouraged?

I likely think too much. I know that I've erased as many comments as I've finally decided to send up. That's my personal editorial board kicking in and reminding me that in a place like this... open and free, we should take steps to be helpful where ever we're given the chance.

Thanx for the reminder and congratulations on a landmark posting.

I calculate getting to 25000 some time around the collapse of the solar system.

I still think guitars are like shoes, but louder.

First, another round of applase 4 Mr T!

[now cue the "Jaws"/shark music]

Ya know, this sounds like a situation I&I can almost sympathise with :rolleyes: & I have always respected Tedster myself but ya know, the last person that tried that stance (d/Halfnote) got shot up so bad he told me he's outta here.

Given that Tedsters not that old but well loved I&I hope that his bulletproof shield continues 2 hold.

Just so's it's clear what I think, lemme quote form one of the recent quagmire threads:

"When I joined this forum there were occasional trolls, etc. They came & went rapidly 4 the most part but the kinda B-havior that seems 2 B tolerated from regular members now would never fly.

Some poor kid makes a bad entry posting an mp3 of music & "airbody" & they cousin Ed is on the case competing 2 see who's got the coolest spam ref?

Gee, whaddabout just 1 person replying 2 point 2 the "Share your music" sticky & everybody else laying out?

The thread would sink outta sight (the presumed goal) & maybe the person would actually stick around, F they didn't get beat 2 death 4 a faux pas. (Of course some R just here 2 self promote but still, aren't they best dealt w/silently?)

Naw, let's see who can "defend R territory" the most sarcastically.

& a whole thread (actually more than just this thread) yakkin' about some1's typing, as though this put the Republic N peril?!

Ya know how many worthy members have dropped out Bcause of this trend?

Take a little trip over 2 1 of the other Music Player forums & see how long it takes U 2 find Xamples of that crap on there. U'll have a good long trip B4 U come back with any Xamples!

Just 2day, one of the Keyboard eds (Ernie Rideout) was replying 2 a thread of mine at Key Corner, U think he took time to lambast me over my style or lack thereof? Hardly!

God, I&I wish Khan & Lee Flier were still here!!!!

(No offense Mr T, I&I value U more than U know!) :thu:

Originally posted by I & I mjrn:

"When I joined this forum there were occasional trolls, etc. They came & went rapidly 4 the most part but the kinda B-havior that seems 2 B tolerated from regular members now would never fly.

Some poor kid makes a bad entry posting an mp3 of music & "airbody" & they cousin Ed is on the case competing 2 see who's got the coolest spam ref?

Gee, whaddabout just 1 person replying 2 point 2 the "Share your music" sticky & everybody else laying out?

The thread would sink outta sight (the presumed goal) & maybe the person would actually stick around.

Naw, let's see who can "defend R territory" the most sarcastically.

& a whole thread (actually more than just this thread) yakkin' about some1's typing, as though this put the Republic N peril?!

Ya know how many worthy members have dropped out Bcause of this trend?

Good points raised here...

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

Originally posted by Picker:

Let's talk about guitars, like the site says. We'd eliminate most of the sort of thing you are talking about if we did. :thu:

I agree Picker, but sometimes there's really isn't much new to talk about with guitars. I guess that's why we need new blood all the time.

Born on the Bayou

I agree that respondents should do their earnest to be professional and polite in their replies. Even if you don't agree, contructive criticism should be just that.

One other thing I see from time to time is respondents getting off on a tangent which detracts from the original post, question etc. I think that as a courtesy, we should all try to stay on the topic of discussion, with minimal distractions, movements to different topics, etc. If you really want to discuss something else, it's easy to make a new post/topic.

Archived