Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Mini/Micro Amps

Jedro

I'm looking for a mini amp that I can take to work. I know there are several out there, but since I may be shopping online or on eBay, I might not be able to have a listen. Anyone have recommendations? It needs to be small enough to fit in a desk drawer, but I'd like it to sound as much like a larger amp at the same time.

I just had a flash of the Seinfeld episode when George was sleeping under his work desk with all the custom drawers. I'm not doing that! Just have a lot of down time at work. :thu:

Everybody knows rock attained perfection in 1974. It's a scientific fact. - Homer Simpson

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have a Pignose 7100 and a DanElectro Honeytone - both mini - both battery or A/C adapter - both make excellent practice amps - the Dan Electro Honeytone is at Guitar Center for $20 + $10 for the adapter - you can actually clip the lil' bastard on your belt - distortion too although It sounds better through headphones than the tiny speaker... My Pignose has the old 60's "DIRTY" sound when turned wide open... I'll sell you the Pignose for $45 (with the $10 power adapter) + shipping.
"well fellas... there's 1 other thing yer gonna need to make it in Rock & Roll besides all them guitars and amps and drums and things. They call it A SONG..."

Originally posted by LPCustom:

Can you be more specific about what you mean by "mini amp"? Are you talking about something really small that you play with headphones? How much power are you talking about? How loud are you looking for?

Well, something that could be used with or without phones. I doubt I would use headphones though, so I would like it to sound pretty decent through the speaker. Ellwood's pic is along the lines of what I'm looking for.

Software is a no go 'cause I don't have a PC on my desk. Some desk, huh?

Thanks for the input.

Everybody knows rock attained perfection in 1974. It's a scientific fact. - Homer Simpson

Originally posted by DC Ross:

There's also the Hiwatt Bulldog in 10, 20 and 30 watts

http://www.hiwatt.com/Media/Bulldog-10.jpg

I don't know about that Hiwatt. It's way too big.

Oh, wait. That's just the pic.

Originally posted by Pappadopalus:

Seems like Ellwood has one of every g-damn thing you can think of.

Let's see: Mini Amp, Alum Strat, protable stage, vintage Radio Mic, Benny Goodman's corset, etc.

Just when I think Ellwood can't surprise me with some gadget, I'm wrong. :P

He might even show you the Colt Revolver he used during the Civil War. He probably still has it.
Yum, Yum! Eat em up!

Originally posted by Hound Dog:

Originally posted by Pappadopalus:

Seems like Ellwood has one of every g-damn thing you can think of.

Let's see: Mini Amp, Alum Strat, protable stage, vintage Radio Mic, Benny Goodman's corset, etc.

Just when I think Ellwood can't surprise me with some gadget, I'm wrong. :P

He might even show you the Colt Revolver he used during the Civil War. He probably still has it.
Nope revolver is gone, but I still got the fife, Department of the Army issue!

Archived