Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

CMT's "Crossroads" knocks another one out of the park...

Tedster

Well, you might not think so, but I do. I think it's one of the best programs on TV. The last couple of nights they've been airing Bonnie Raitt with Lyle Lovett. To me, it doesn't get much better than that. Of course, I'm still madly in love with Bonnie, so that helps...
"Cisco Kid, was a friend of mine"

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It sounds like an inspired pairing of talents; I bet it's a great episode.

I also like "Crossroads." Not every episode is great (Kid Rock and Hank Williams, Jr.?), but when it's on, it's on. By the way, even though I wouldn't call myself a country fan, I watch CMT much more than MTV or VH1 combined. At least CMT shows primarily music-related programs, not that reality crap. I mean, what exactly does "The Real World" have to do with Music Television or "Being Brady" with Video Hits?

Hmmmmmm.....must check it out. BTW.....She's MINE!

Hey - she's mine boys... I'm a hunk @ 54 and my new teeth make me look schweeeet!
"well fellas... there's 1 other thing yer gonna need to make it in Rock & Roll besides all them guitars and amps and drums and things. They call it A SONG..."

Originally posted by strangedogs:

Hmmmmmm.....must check it out. BTW.....She's MINE!

Hey - she's mine boys... I'm a hunk @ 54 and my new teeth make me look schweeeet!
Sorry, strangedogs, Bonnie was interviewed on CBS' Sunday Morning show and she made it clear she's very happy being single, for now at least. ;)

But judging by her ex I'd say you're just the right age. ;)

It's easiest to find me on Facebook. Neil Bergman

Soundclick

fntstcsnd

If she ever wants to go out with a slightly, just slightly younger guy, I would happily volunteer my services. I told Deb "You go ahead, you can have Keith Urban" (her fantasy hunk)..."gimme Bonnie Raitt".

Pappy...that would be cool...but I'd like to see a rocker guitar slinger who could sing paired with Paisley. Geez...but who? I mean, all the guys who come to mind are either singers or guitar players...like Satriani, Vai, etc. What is it with rockers...always gotta have a front man singing. (shakes head sadly)...

It just dawned on me...since SRV, I can't really think of any really prominent rock singers who are also top flight players. Joe Bonamossa comes to mind, but, he's not really world renowned yet. In the world of rock, most of the "players' players" are there to support a lead vocalist. Actually, it's probably that way in country as well, guys like Brad Paisley and Steve Wariner being notable exceptions.

Archived