Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

anyone see this iguitar yet? kinda cool

EmptinesOf Youth

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Monty Python fans will realise the significance of the name 'Brian Moore' here.

Brian Moore, Brian Moore, Dum De Dum De Dum......

Your daffodils or your life!!!

:D

Geoff

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the World will know Peace": Jimi Hendrix

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=738517&content=music

The Geoff - blame Caevan!!!

Originally posted by guitarisawayoflife21:

very cool and also very expensive i would imagine

Not really. From the Brian Moore website:

"iGuitar.USB

Its plug an play time with the new USB models.

Why USB?

Just plug the iGuitar into the USB port any computer and get direct access any your favorite computer based recording program or guitar effects program.

- Built-in USB digital audio connects your guitar directly to you computer

- Record instantly in your favorite application such as Garageband. Logic or Cakewalk

- Play directly into the latest software programs such as Guitar Rig by Native Instruments and Amplitube Live by IK Multimedia

- Line level signal - No external audio-interface pre-amplification required

- Class Compliant - No need to load special software drivers

- Bus powered- no 9V battery necessary

- Available on all models (most are in stock)

- Add $200 to the list price of any Custom Shop, i2000, i1000 or iGuitar model.

- Add $300 if you already own a Brian Moore or iGuitar model - Upgrades done at our factory, 3-4 week turnaround.

And most of these models are not that expensive (except for custom shop)... looks pretty cool to me. I've been circling those Brian Moore's for a while ... from back when they were doing their MIDI stuff. This looks way better. Anyone actually played this USB thing?

Originally posted by Geoff B.:

Geoff

Wouldn't that be "Dennis Moore" and Lupins?

Born on the Bayou

The only thing new there is their use of the USB interface instead of the Roland 13 pin connector that they have been using for years.

Don't get me wrong, I love these guys and their guitars... very nice stuff.

But I had a Roland GK pickup in one of my guitars since the 80s, and a couple of years ago I had a GraphTech Ghost pickup installed in one of my guitars. Plugs into a Roland module and on into the computer via MIDI and audio.

You've been able to do this since the 80s. I have Finale, but Band In A Box works perfectly with these systems. In fact, most any audio software does. What I learned early.... guitars are wonderful MIDI controllers for strings and woodwinds because of the 'touch', while keyboards make great controllers for (obviously) pianos and harpsichords, but also brass and other instruments with a more percussive attack. So I've got the MIDI guitar, a DX-7, and a DrumKat. With these I can make very realistic MIDI tracks.

Note: the guitar signal is just the guitar signal. You have to use some sort of modeler with it to make it sound like you are playing through an amp. With the original GK rigs, you could loop the guitar signal through your pedals and even an amp, and go into the GK module at that point. I can't do that with the GraphTech (though I could have built in an option). I don't know if you can do it with the Moores or not.

Bill

"I believe that entertainment can aspire to be art, and can become art, but if you set out to make art you're an idiot."

Steve Martin

Show business: we're all here because we're not all there.

Originally posted by LPCustom:

Originally posted by Geoff B.:

Geoff

Wouldn't that be "Dennis Moore" and Lupins?
Gimme a break, Man....I was young, amazed, full of recreational substances...........

:wave:

Geoff

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the World will know Peace": Jimi Hendrix

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=738517&content=music

The Geoff - blame Caevan!!!

Archived